• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoked Olives?

Started by Sailor, October 14, 2012, 05:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Much easier to use the brine that the olives were packed in.

SO THERE  :o

In the fridge for a couple weeks like i did the pickles.

JIM SORRY TO HIJACK YOUR POST.

3/20

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SiFumar on October 14, 2012, 01:31:01 PM
Thanks Hab's for link to that recipe...don't know how I missed that!  I can see that on a cream cheese crostini! Yum!

They really go good on or with almost anything, and can be substituted for olives in any recipe, though you may have to adjust the salt the recipe calls for. They are fantastic on pizza, and in salads. I have yet to make a tapenade from them, but that should work out fine also.

Using pitted Kalamata, or black pitted olives that are not brine give you a totally different flavor, and worth the little amount of time it takes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

devo

You didn't think I was going to let you guys have all the fun did you?? ;D

Found these at the warehouse today.

Stuff them with home grown garlic

On the racks going into the smoker

Thanks Sailor for posting this.

OU812

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm smoked Olives

Why dont ya just buy the ones that are allready stuffed?  ;D

Just sayin

I know, I know, my camera takes crapy close ups  ::)

devo

Home grown garlic I think is better than store bought.
Just sayin
;D

Sailor

So it has been over a month since I smoked these up.  Been checking on them every so often and they were mellowing nicely.  They is just about like smokin cheese.  The more time they sit the better they get.  Just checked on them today and Hog Dang they is good.  The smoke flavor is very nice and no ash tray taste at all.  So this was the test run for Christmas gifts.  Winner Winner so I will be doing several jars and they will be nice and mellow for Christmas.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Habanero Smoker

Great to hear they came out good. I used to give them as Christmas gifts, maybe I will do that again next year. When I give a party I always make a pickle platter and the Smoke Olive is one of the pickles, and they are always a big hit.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)