• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Nilgai Antelope

Started by Sailor, December 30, 2012, 08:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Yep that is what I said too.  What is Nilgai Antelope?  My son-in-law's boss owns a large ranch in South Texas and has free ranging Niglai Antelope.  These animals are from India and were introduced in the 1030's on the King Ranch and are very large beasts that can weigh over 600 plus on the hoof.  They are now free roaming on ranches in South Texas.  SIL said this one weighed over 400 pounds with head removed and gutted.  Well for Christmas the SIL boss gave my SIL about 60 pounds of ground up Niglai from a recent hunt and my SIL dropped off about 30 pounds for me for Christmas.  My daughter give my SIL a smoker for Christmas (not a Bradley) and now he wants to learn how to make sausage  :o  I am more than happy to learn him bout sausage making as that means no more freezer robbing  ;D  Going to pack up my sausage makin toys tools next Saturday and take them over to their house and have a sausage making marathon. 

Here is a photo of the beast that was taken

One ready to be taken

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Tenpoint5

For being introduced in the 1030's. I bet it was fun bringing them across the ocean in a canoe!!

Looks like some tasty treats coming your way.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

WOWSERS

Very nice.

Ask me around 9ish if i can say Nilgai  :o

Sailor

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 31, 2012, 10:40:33 AM
For being introduced in the 1030's. I bet it was fun bringing them across the ocean in a canoe!!

Hahahaha.  I thinks me had a typo.  1930's.  Going to do some GNA jerky with this.  SIL fried some up last night and said tasted a lot like beef.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Quarlow

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 31, 2012, 10:40:33 AM

You ba..tard. I am sicker than a dog and now I can't stop laughing and choking, it's uncontrollable. ROFLMAO.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Keymaster

Nice hunk of meat, solid or ground you will make something spectacular for sure. :)