Newbie needs help with Pork Loin

Started by paulsnapp, February 05, 2013, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsnapp

I have read through a number of prior postings and have selected the items for a dry rub and temp setting to smoke a pork loin.  Since I have never done this I have a couple of questions.  My plan is to apply the rub to the loin, place it in a FoodSaver bag and vacuum the air out.  Place it in the fridge for 24 hour before smoking.  Do not remove the rub from the loin in order to get a nice bark.  Place loin on the rack in my Bradley Digital Smoker as is with no covering such as aluminum foil, just exposed meat.  Smoke for 3 hours with Hickory at 225F.  Continue with heat at 225F until I get an internal meat temp of 145F.  Remove and let set for an hour.  Eat and enjoy!

I would appreciate some feedback if any of the above is incorrect or there are lessons learned that will help me!  Thanks!
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Auber Dual Probe PID Controller
Second Heating Element Mod
Smoke and Stuff Fan Mod

KyNola

Your plan will work nicely.  You could even drop the internal temp down to 140.  As it rests after cooking, the internal temp will rise to around 145 and be nice and moist.

squirtthecat

Ditto with Larry.   Pull it when it passes 140°, tent, and let it rest.

beefmann

x3 with above and your on the right track,,,, i generally leave the rub on

paulsnapp

Thanks everybody for the help!  I will give it a try and come back with my results.
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Auber Dual Probe PID Controller
Second Heating Element Mod
Smoke and Stuff Fan Mod

NePaSmoKer

Your in good hands here.

BTW

Like the RANGER TAB

Smokeville

Depending on how you want to serve it, you could smoke it until the IT is about 130F, then let it rest. It will be quite underdone. Then slice it fairly thin and throw the slices on the grill for a few "seconds" per side. You'll get great grill marks and it will be cooked and it will be great.

Rich