What mincer?

Started by Geoff_S, February 13, 2013, 12:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_S

I have been using my ancient Kenwood Chef with mincer attachment to mince the meat for my sausages. The operative word is ancient, I am a bit
concerned about the actual mincer attachment, it's looking a bit bleak. I looked around for a replacement attachment but they are like hen's teeth.

So, I think I am going to invest in a standalone mincer. This is not for mass production (yet), but I need something decent. And of course with a motor!

Would I get something decent for say £100 Sterling equivalent, or should I spend more or maybe less?

Cheers

Keymaster

I saw a true 1 hp commercial meat grinder #12 for £199.99 looks like a nice one on ebay.uk. maybe find a 1/2 hp for half the price. If you see somethimg you like post the link and we will take a look.

Geoff_S

Quote from: Keymaster on February 13, 2013, 03:16:57 PM
I saw a true 1 hp commercial meat grinder #12 for £199.99 looks like a nice one on ebay.uk. maybe find a 1/2 hp for half the price. If you see somethimg you like post the link and we will take a look.

Thanks Keymaster, I missed that. It's a bit more than I want to spend, but at the end of the day you have to pay for decent quality, so we'll see.

I'm astonished as to how much a lot of these mincers cost, after all they are just an electric motor, spindle and tube. But I guess they have to be
very durable, I suppose.