• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley Smoker Wood Saver Pucks

Started by Buck Smoker, May 08, 2013, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck Smoker

I'm new to this smoking thing and enjoy it. I always got this bitter taste when cooking. I came across these smoking pucks and found out that they worked great. Has anyone else tried these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251242250612?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

GusRobin

Yes - many folks use them ( not necessarily from those folks,). Do a google on 'bubba pucks" and you can find more suppliers.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Alanfromwis

I made 3 out of a aluminum pipe fitting. The outside diamater was 2 3/16", just right. If you thread a short piece of aluminum pipe into the end before cutting each off at 1/2" adds some wall thickness so they are easier to stack in tower. Work great and have hollow center making them light weight. I had the fitting in my stash, so didn't need to buy them. A drawback is they take time to make (cut off).
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

mikecorn.1

Yup! I have 3 of them

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

pokermeister

They are great, and pay for themselves after about 20 smokes.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

TedEbear

Wondering if the OP was spamming a link for something he's selling on eBay. Always suspicious of a first-time poster and a link to a product for sale.  Apology to him if that's not the case.

Anyway, there are several different puck saver brands.  Someone else already mentioned a homemade ring version.  I did that one myself with the help of a pipefitter at work and some scrap copper tubing.  Auber sells Bradley Smoker Bisquette Savers, which are a ring type puck saver and lightweight.