• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

E Message on Smoke Generator

Started by DeeDubz - Smokin Bro #1, May 12, 2013, 10:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeDubz - Smokin Bro #1

Has anyone ever experienced an E message on the digital smoker and the advance unit keeps pushing out pucks every 10 seconds? Happened this morning halfway through a bacon smoke so I had to put it into the oven as even if i shut off the smoker side and left the cabinet temp on it still blinked E and Beeped. I checked the bradely site and they said take apart the generator and check the rectangle grey switch. Everything seems ok with the switch although I'm not sure how to tell.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Darren

KyNola

If the message was an E1 message that has to do with the sensor cable that runs from the smoke gen to the tower.  Try unplugging and repluggung the cable 2-3 times to see if that alleviates the error message.  You could even try reversing the sensor cable to see if you get a better connection.

fahmain

I had a E1 error last week. The guys on this site gave me some great advice and it worked.

Check to see if the cable has rust on it or any sign of water damage. Clean it off with WD40 and then use some sand paper to sand away any rust for a better connection. Plug back in and mine went away and works great.

Alanfromwis

On the digital Bradley, E error is related to smoke generator & E1 error is related to temp sensor, so problem is in smoke generator. Try powering it down,then back on. That may work.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Salmonsmoker

I got an "E" message last week while smoking and it was in the puck advance area. I pulled the loading tube up a tiny bit and the puck advance resumed. Seems the tube had settled just enough to catch the top of the advancing biscuit to stop movement.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.