Shrimp and pork sausage ala 10.5

Started by GusRobin, June 01, 2013, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Decided to try Chris' recipe so here goes:
Defrosted an 11lb butt.

Sliced it into strips to grind, and trimmed about 1.5# of fat for freezing for later use. I'll use about 5# of the ground pork and freeze the rest.

Got the shrimp ready. Had some that were cooked and frozen, and some that were raw. Peeled the raw.

Got the boil ready.

Shrimp out of the boil.

Shrimp chopped up.

Mixed the dry stuff into about 10 oz of leftover boil

Stuffed and ready for smoking tomorrow. In the fridge for overnight.

More to come tomorrow.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

terry08

Looking good, it's tomorrow here and waiting. C:-)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Final results:
In the Bradley getting some smoke and heat

Out of the smoker and in an ice bath

Hanging and blooming

we'll have to see how they taste tomorrow. ( the quality control piece was great.)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Tenpoint5

Your making me want to go get a package out of the freezer here Gus!  Did the Q/A piece have that blast of heat and flavor that hits you fast and hard and goes away. Leaving you wanting more?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

terry08

That looks awesome. Just wish I had one link. Won't be long now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 03, 2013, 06:09:05 AM
Your making me want to go get a package out of the freezer here Gus!  Did the Q/A piece have that blast of heat and flavor that hits you fast and hard and goes away. Leaving you wanting more?

Yes but not the same bite I got with yours. Hopefully it was just because it was an end piece.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: GusRobin on June 03, 2013, 07:33:46 AM

Yes but not the same bite I got with yours. Hopefully it was just because it was an end piece.

It might have been late at night, I might have had a few barley pops, I might have been tired, and I might have finished the last 10 degrees in a water bath! That will change the bite

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 03, 2013, 10:35:25 AM
Quote from: GusRobin on June 03, 2013, 07:33:46 AM

It might have been late at night, I might have had a few barley pops, I might have been tired, and I might have finished the last 10 degrees in a water bath! That will change the bite

It's all good --