• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New beef in town

Started by littlebeef, June 14, 2013, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebeef

I just seasoned my smoker today, it went well.  The actual cabinet temp was a bit higher than the 150 Bradley recommends but from what I understand that is normal due to the state of the bisquette burn (what stage that is in).  I live in New Mexico so in the summer the temps range from 50F - 110F, which presents a storage issue for me.  I believe I'm going to store the digital attachment inside and the cabinet in the garage during the summer months, hopefully it's not to hot in the garage for the cabinet...

Thanks!!  I can't wait to smoke something on Sunday for Father's Day!!

beefmann

welcome aboard little Beef from the Beefmann  ;D good luck on your first somke,,,try doing some pulled pork season it like you normally would let stand over night and start smoking early sunday morning the earlier the better 5 or 6 am as the pork could take a while and have a stall  some where around 150 160 f Internal Temp.. then mop with your favorite BBq sauce. .. Vent half open min.. full open is the best way, Water in the bowl during the smoking process after smoking try adding orange soda,,,or other soda or beverage other then water....

here is an idea for storing your smoker outside with out having to disconnect the digital unit...

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.msg213170#msg213170

SiFumar

Welcome!  You're really going to enjoy your smoker! Pork butt is a very forgiving piece of meat to smoke.....but it can take 12+hrs depending on the weight.  And with a digital smoker you have to reset after 9 hrs.  Chicken is real easy also and gives you quicker results.  Set temp high as you can, vent wide open.  Smoke 2 hrs and finish cooking until IT 165. (3-4hrs depending on how much you load it) Smoking does cause the skin to be a bit rubbery so you can toss on hot grill to crisp up.

Enjoy and come back and post your smokes! We like pictures!

littlebeef

Thanks guys, I'll post pics of what comes out!

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  I did a couple of picnics yesterday.  About 7 lbs each.  Took 10 hrs for one to reach 160 F; eaten as a roast.  The other took 13 hrs to reach 198 F; pulled. 

littlebeef

Quote from: beefmann on June 14, 2013, 03:37:36 PM
welcome aboard little Beef from the Beefmann  ;D good luck on your first somke,,,try doing some pulled pork season it like you normally would let stand over night and start smoking early sunday morning the earlier the better 5 or 6 am as the pork could take a while and have a stall  some where around 150 160 f Internal Temp.. then mop with your favorite BBq sauce. .. Vent half open min.. full open is the best way, Water in the bowl during the smoking process after smoking try adding orange soda,,,or other soda or beverage other then water....

here is an idea for storing your smoker outside with out having to disconnect the digital unit...

Beefman, that is awesome, I can only hope to obtain something like that one day.

beefmann

Quote from: littlebeef on June 15, 2013, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: beefmann on June 14, 2013, 03:37:36 PM

Beefman, that is awesome, I can only hope to obtain something like that one day.

you can find them at home depot or lowes, and in various sizes, choose one that suites you  best