• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OLD SMOKER NEW EQUIPMENT

Started by RHOUSER, June 06, 2013, 06:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHOUSER

Hi to all.  I have a New Bradley Original smoke, the cold smoke adapter, a handful of bubba pucks, and an Auber 2 probe PID on the way in.  I have never smoked without fire before.  The entire venture is to handle sausage smoking and to venture into cold smoking.  I can hold my woodburners down to about 200 but not below.  I did my due diligence and think that Bradley hits the price points and quality that I need.  I may want to look into the FAN and Second Element MODS in a short while, but, I am going to run the 500 watt element with the Auber PID since it is summer.  The clinchers for me were the history of the Bradley name, the innovations like the OFF BOX cold smoke adapter, and THIS FORUM.  I am truely amazed by the depth of knowledge and the freely given help from my reading on this forum. 

Thanks to all in advance for help in the future.
RCH (62+ YO)
Northern Virginia

beefmann

welcome aboard , lots of good information here ,  you are on the right track by adding a  pid, second element , fan,  just  do a few smokes  with the bradley and get use to it,   Then get The Pid, second Element and Fan, do the Mods  together having the Pid control both heaters  and fan run full time, and of course the smoke generator is ran by its self

there is a  lot of  good information here if you  have  questions ,.,,, ask

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Indy Smoker

Slacker

Ketch22

pokermeister

Frog mats are something else that should be on anyone's Bradley list. They are plastic mats that prevent food from sticking to the Bradley racks, and are phenomenal. Quick rinse and they are clean.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

RHOUSER

Where does one find "frog mats"?  thanks rch