Hello From Kentucky, USA

Started by Cheif, July 28, 2013, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheif

I tried spare ribs for my first trial run with my new 6 rack Bradley digital...No success with the 3-2-1 method.  My ribs reached proper temperature and my sauce caramelized, but nearly too tough to eat.
Bradley digital 6 rack
Master forge propane 4 rack
Tru infrared propane gas grill
Char grilled propane/charcoal combo

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, I can't help you with the 3-2-1 method, I use a marinade on my ribs and then smoke them till they feel done then FTC (foil, towel, cooler) for a couple of hours, if they look dry when I wrap them I add a splash of apple juice to the foil. The guy's who do the 3-2-1 method will be along to help you with your issues they have good solutions from what I've seen. :)

rveal23

Hey Chief, what temp did you smoke your ribs at?
When you wrapped did you put any moisture with the ribs (Butter, Dark Surgar, Apple Juice)
And in the final hour when did you start to put your Sauce?
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

beefmann

KyNola

Welcome to the Forum from Paducah KY!

TedEbear

Hi and welcome aboard.  I have a lot of relatives in KY, slightly east of Lexington.

I never cook ribs by meat temp.  I use the 3-2-1 as a general guide and watch for the meat pulling back from the tip of the bone 1/2" or so.  With yours turning out tough they may have been undercooked.

Slacker

Hello from Kentucky!

I used the 3-2-1 method on my first run of ribs and they were outstanding.....I could pull the meat from the bone with a fork. 3 hours @ 225, pull out and wrap in foil (with a splash of apple juice), back in the smoker or house oven for 2 hours, take out of foil and brush with sauce and back in for another hour.  Pull out and wrap in foil again with another splash of apple juice and F.T.C. for an hour or two...or three....  WOW!!!  Not sure what happened to yours but I would try it again.