NJ to Indiana, new Bradley owner

Started by Jacktucky, July 27, 2013, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacktucky

Ordered an OBS online and received the digital instead!  By the time the retailer would have paid shipping back and forth, they let me keep it. 

I have a question about overnight smoking.  I'm going to start my 13.5lb packer brisket at 10 tonight.  The smoker is on the side of my house, the same side where the garbage can is.  we put a hasp lock on the garbage can to keep the raccoons out.  Any chance they'll try to get into my 225 degree smoker?  It's not near the garbage of course, but you never know.

My father in law says just plant extra vegetables for the deer and the 'coons, but I don't have any extra brisket.

Thanks, from southern Indiana.

Saber 4

I've run into some pretty creative raccoons so you might need to do something to keep them out, the outside of the smoker doesn't get that hot, you might get by with a bungie cord. I would put it on and check it every hour or so just to make sure it wasn't overheating before I went to bed. Welcome to the forum and that's a good deal on the wrong shipment. I have the digital and love it, I've got two 12 lb turkey's going right now.

beefmann

agrees with the bungie cord or some sort of tie down ratchet type of tiedown... welcome aboard

Jacktucky

Got my tie down around it. Also moved it to the back deck just now at midnight.

If this brisket comes out great Ill have to repeat this everytime.

Snoopy

Welcome, congrats, and good luk on the brisket, post some pics of it when ur done.
I built a little pen around mine just to keep my dogs away from it, they didn't show to much interest but for the size of investment It's worth taking precautions.

Slacker

LOL....So I'm not the only one with pet racoons!! ;D