• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Back in the Saddle

Started by Tiny Tim, September 01, 2013, 02:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I hated missing the MWSO IV and really got hungry for some smoked food once.  Got paid Friday so went to grocery store and found a rack of ribs to throw into my smoker.  They were in the freezer section though, so had to thaw them overnight.  The rub has been in my cupboard for a long time, and since it's really my only option for adding some flavor at this time, I decided to use it.  McCormick's Grill Mates Pork Rub.  Midnight Friday, they weren't quite fully thawed yet, so opted to wait until Saturday afternoon to strip the membrane and put the rub on.  Vac sealed them and back into the fridge to get happy overnight.  Got up and removed from the fridge, went out to prepare and preheat the smoker, and do a couple other things.  After about an hour put them in for 2 hours of smoke (since it has been so long, decided to take it easy the first time back).  Did a visual check after 2 and a half hours, and decided they were done, when my quick read theremo slid in easily a little after the 3 hour mark (IT 176 at that time), just after my potatoes got a half hour of heat...plus, I was hungry.  Got a few pics to prove this wasn't unicorn meat.

Friday night when I decided they weren't quite thawed:

The label and the rub:

After membrane removal:

Rubbed and vac sealed:

Racked and ready to ride:

In the cabinet to be kissed:

3 Hour mark:

Done:

Plated:

Buuurrrrppp:

So, am I back in good standing with this group? :D :D

beefmann

good  looking grub... to get back in good standing  you  need to ship me the rest of the rubs and taters,... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tiny Tim

Guess I'll stay on the craplist then. lol

NePaSmoKer

Tim

Welcome back. Hope to see you again at next years MWSO?

Ribs look great and nice to see you kept old faithful.

Tiny Tim

Hoping to be there...truck should at least be feeling better by then (I hope, haven't driven it in a month now).

pensrock

Nice job on the ribs Tim, I know they were good look at those clean bones.  :)

Saber 4

Doesn't look like you lost your touch or anything.

ragweed

Ribs look great!  Welcome back.

Tenpoint5

Just like riding a bike Tim! You haven't forgot how to do it!! Glad to see you back in the saddle. Look forward to seeing you doing some more cooks that don't involve jelly beans!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Mighty fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mighty fine!

OldHickory

Ribs look good, nice plate with those taters.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Tiny Tim

Followed the ribs up with a unicorn loin chunk last night (no pics, so had to be unicorn).  That makes it twice in a month, which was twice more than the entire 4.67 years prior to September, combined.  I may be rolling again. lol

Saber 4

Quote from: Tiny Tim on October 01, 2013, 07:05:07 PM
Followed the ribs up with a unicorn loin chunk last night (no pics, so had to be unicorn).  That makes it twice in a month, which was twice more than the entire 4.67 years prior to September, combined.  I may be rolling again. lol

I don't care if you got pictures or not, just glad you found your way back into the saddle. Happy Smoking to you.