New to the Smoking Way

Started by Thumpinbass, September 30, 2013, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpinbass

Hello Everyone!   I'm Allen.   After watching all those shows about smoking competitions like BBQ Pitmasters and attending get togethers that involved smokers, I finally went and bought my first one.   It's the Bradly 4-rack Digital Smoker.  Along with that order, I bought some nice hot food gloves, cover for the smoker, wireless dual probe temp unit, 120 pack Apple and 40-pack (i believe) of Hickory.  Ive just seasoned my smoker and will be doing my first items on Wednesday.   Pork Spareribs.

I look forward to going through the forums and learning about all the techniques out there and asking any questions I come across.

Happy Smoking!

Allen

pz

Welcome Allen!  I too enjoying watching the competition BBQ shows - they're a real kick.  I've an original Bradley, and have been using it almost exclusively for smoking cheese, which my wife dearly loves (keep the wife happy, and you're golden when it comes to purchasing new equipment)

Best of luck on your first cook!
My online cookbook: good food & friends

Habanero Smoker

Hi Thumpinbass;

Welcome to the forum.

I use to use those thick hot food gloves, but now use Knit Cotton Gloves and cover them with Nitrile Gloves; though I have found the clear vinyl food gloves seem to hold up to the heat better. This will do a good job protecting your hands from the heat, and allows you greater dexterity than those bulky hot food gloves.

You can also find these items on Amazon.com, but I generally get them from Big Poppa Smokers, when I place an order with them. An order over $39.95 gets shipped free.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

Hello Allen and  welcome aboard, BBQ pit masters is a   great  show and always interesting...

It  sounds like your well on your way  with your  smoker,,, and  accessories. Now it is time for a  little  information and  help now that you  have  seasoned your  smoker,,, a  few  things to remember

keep you top  vent open, ...keep your  top vent  open... keep your top  vent  open
after the smoke process change out the water  bowl and replace  with fresh water ,  Some ,  like myself  use a flavored beverage  .
smoke no more then 4 hours
box temp is at  225
for  pulled beef or pork Internal Temp is between 190 and 205 F depending  on the cut of  meat

good and again welcome to the forum

Saber 4

Welcome to your new addiction from Texas and Happy Smoking to you, Post pictures, ask questions and have fun with it.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Yancey

Welcome from Florida!  It has been a learning process for me but I have been having a blast and have made some really super eats.