• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Heating Problem/Circuit board

Started by jonnypwa, March 02, 2013, 05:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnypwa

Hi guys,

I have been posting across a few different threads to try and solve my problem of no heat in my oven,

Got loads of help to try hunt it down but was getting no where, then read that a crack just above the
heat setting (Bradley original) can cause problems, so i opened up the front panel again and have found the
circuit board seems to have burnt out just below this crack....

does anyone know what options i have to replace the circuit board,
should i go direct to Bradley or is it easily available elsewhere?
I have attached a photo of the board, i had the panel off first but never noticed the burn until closer inspection after checking ever other connection in the whole oven!

All help appreciated but I am in Scotland so unfortunately no USA based stores will help...

Thanks again
JP 

classicrockgriller

I would contact the person you bought your smoker from.

(just don't tell them about all the smokes you did with the vents closed)

RedJada

If you can find out what type of resistor that is. You could just get one of those and replace it. My brother had the same thing on his 55" TV mother board. The TV was under warranty but was obsolete and was going to cost too much to replace the board so they gave him a new TV. A long story short. A little search on the internet and a quick run to the local radio shack, he now has two working 55" TV's  ;D ;D

Waltz

Hi,
I also live in Scotland. I have the digital smoker so don't know much about the original. These people: www.grakka.com/ are the UK agents and I have found them to be helpful - I got a new element under warranty from them and have since then purchased an element and drip tray and bisquettes. Depending on how old your smoker is the part may be covered by warranty.
Good luck.

robertgate

Dont know whats the problem but you shoud get a new one now.

ddtdustin

Jonny
I have upgrade to dual elements so I have my circuit board removed at home.  If someone does not answer your question first I will take a look and let you know what component that is.
This look like an older thread so you might have already fixed it
Just let me know
DDT

ddtdustin

Its looks like your CB is a little different, so I guess I would need to see a little more information or know about how old the OBS is.
Here is a picture of mine if it helps.
DDT

georges82

@jonnypawa: I think there is no need of the replacement of the circuit board of your Bradley oven because it is just a matter of resistor and you can easily fix it at home. Just remove that resistor and try to find the value of resistance, it is written on the PCB and if it is not there then try to find the circuit diagram from internet to find the value of resistance and then just replace this burnt resistor with the new one your circuit board would work normally.

TedEbear

Hopefully, after over 7 months since he posted this it has already been fixed.

KyNola

Quote from: TedEbear on October 10, 2013, 09:16:29 AM
You beat me to it TedEbear.

That said, welcome to the Forum georges82.  Do you own a Bradley Smoker?  What model do you own?  How long have you owned it?  We would like to get to know you a little better.  We welcome you to stay and share your Bradley experiences with us.

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on October 10, 2013, 06:53:26 PM
Quote from: TedEbear on October 10, 2013, 09:16:29 AM
You beat me to it TedEbear.

That said, welcome to the Forum georges82.  Do you own a Bradley Smoker?  What model do you own?  How long have you owned it?  We would like to get to know you a little better.  We welcome you to stay and share your Bradley experiences with us.

X2, welcome and please feel free to keep sharing