• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

dehydrator

Started by smokin420, November 23, 2013, 08:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin420

Just wondering if i could drill a hole and add a smoke daddy to a food dehydrator? anyone try this? I would save time, then I dont have to smoke in bradley then finish in the dehydrator..
Digital 4 rack Bradley smoker
Sam Baere 1.5 hp meat grinder/stuffer
dual prode AUBER PID
circulation fan
lem 5lbs stuffer
food saver vac sealer

Saber 4

I don't know why you couldn't other than how much smoke would leak out everywhere since a dehydrator is designed for max airflow and a smoker is designed for holding smoke in and releasing it slower. I'm doing some jerky now and I have just been skipping the smoke step and no one has complained yet. I'm sure others with more expertise than me will be along to shoot holes in any flaws in my thinking.

NePaSmoKer

Smoke daddy nozzle gets pretty freakin hot so you would need to mount to metal.

Habanero Smoker

smokin420

For the past year I've been researching cold smoke guns, and I'm about to either buy one or build one very soon. You may want to take a look at those. The average cost is around $100, but there are several DIY projects that bring the cost to around $20. From what I've research, you only need a short period of time to apply the smoke, so using one of these you may not have to make any modification to your dehydrator.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)