• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Owner of the Dizzy Pig Barbecue

Started by Habanero Smoker, June 08, 2006, 11:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Hab, is this for real? If it is we need to do something for this guy real quik like. I see Dizzy Pig pop up in the forum all the time. Have you ever had any dealings with this guy? If he's a forum member I'm all for helping out some how. Let me know if we need to get something going.

BigSmoker

He(Chris) and his family are doing fine.  They were fortunate not to lose their entire house and the rub business was not damaged and is up and running as normal.  Dizzy Pig team will be competing in NC this weekend so their lives are getting back to normal.  I'm sure he would appreciate any and all orders or kind wordsthis forum would want to send his way.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on June 08, 2006, 12:08:16 PM
Hab, is this for real? If it is we need to do something for this guy real quik like. I see Dizzy Pig pop up in the forum all the time. Have you ever had any dealings with this guy? If he's a forum member I'm all for helping out some how. Let me know if we need to get something going.
Yes this is legitamate. NEBS is associated with KCBS, and they are serious organization.

Quote from: BigSmoker on June 08, 2006, 02:39:23 PM
He(Chris) and his family are doing fine.  They were fortunate not to lose their entire house and the rub business was not damaged and is up and running as normal.  Dizzy Pig team will be competing in NC this weekend so their lives are getting back to normal.  I'm sure he would appreciate any and all orders or kind wordsthis forum would want to send his way.
Glad to hear he is doing alright.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Hab, I don't have much cash right now but I'm willing to send him what I can afford to if that would help him out. If you think he could use it let me know and maybe steer me in the right direction to get in touch with him to make arrangements. I'm sure some of the other guys up here would help out also.

boxertrio

I've met the team a few times at comps.....have placed well with their rub on several occasions.  I'll talk to the other fire stations and get a big order placed.
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on June 08, 2006, 04:03:38 PM
Hab, I don't have much cash right now but I'm willing to send him what I can afford to if that would help him out. If you think he could use it let me know and maybe steer me in the right direction to get in touch with him to make arrangements. I'm sure some of the other guys up here would help out also.
I would follow BigSmoker's suggestion; place an order and/or send him an e-mail.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

asa

Dizzy Pig team will be competing in NC this weekend so their lives are getting back to normal. 

Glad to hear he is OK. Where will they be in NC this weekend?
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

BigSmoker

Quote from: asa on June 08, 2006, 06:10:06 PM
Dizzy Pig team will be competing in NC this weekend so their lives are getting back to normal. 

Glad to hear he is OK. Where will they be in NC this weekend?

Tryon NC is where the competition is being held.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

asa

Thanks for the info. I'd try to go but that's a little out of my way this weekend. It sounds like my kind of Q though - probably more of a tomato ketchup-containing sauce in the western part of the state as opposed to the vinegar/pepper-and not much else sauces down east.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!