• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Superior Applewood smoked turky yesterday

Started by ddawson31, November 29, 2013, 09:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddawson31

It turned out very well, However as always took longer than expected to finish. 14Lb bird, Brined it over night 4hrs of applewood smoke. Came out great, Just had a little trouble reaching 240 Degrees in bradly.

ragweed

Glad it turned out for you.  Sounds like you're well on your way to the addiction.

JohnM70

It is always nice to see a plan come together. I smoked 12lbs turkey. It was the first time I spatchcock a turkey or any fowl for that matter. I put the breast on one rack and the dark meat on a separate rack. I smoked for 2 hours. even with a 900 watt element I could only get the box to 190F. the temp was 30 degrees. After the smoke, the bird was at 115 degrees and as planned I moved the bird into the oven and set the temp at 350F. I was only 30 minutes late but according to the family it was on time.  ;D

I have 2 maverick remote units one measured the breast and the other monitored the thickest part of the thigh.
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"