• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ribeye Steak Help

Started by Sir Smoke alot, June 18, 2006, 09:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Smoke alot

Gentlemen
I just got my Bradley and I have six large ribeye steaks that I would like to Cold smoke. I have a party that starts in five hours. Please I need your help any opinions

1. Should I do a lite olive oil with salt and pepper w/garlic]
2. Should I smoke it first then add salt and pepper or monterrey steak seasoning
3. Is there a special rub that should get?
4. Or should I just have the natural flavor of the meat smoked.
5. One puck or 3 pucks and what kind seems like Hickory
6. Gilling temp? 375 for 6 min eack side

owrstrich

sir... this is what i would do...

oak or hickory pucks is my preference...

1 puck for slight smoke flavor... 2 pucks more smoke flavor... 3 pucks maximun cold smoke flavor...  remember it takes 3 pucks to get on onto the burner...

load your streaks on the racks plain... fill water bowl with ice... vent all way open... turn on smoke generator and hit the puck advance 3 times to get one on the burner... leave smoke box heat element off... close the door and no peaking...

1 puck is 20 minutes... 3 pucks are 60 minutes... grill as usual... the more rare the more smoke flavour the more done the less smoke flavour...

i like to use a really hot open grill and cook each side for just a few minutes with the top open... a little longer if the steaks are of texas proportions... and of course they will always be warm and red in the middle and hot and well seared on the outside...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...