• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hellow from Australia

Started by Sbuise, November 28, 2013, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sbuise

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself as I have recently purchased a Bradley Smoker.

My name is Shane and I live in Perth WA.

My first smoke was ok. 4 Ribeyes weighing 500 grams (1.1pounds). I put a rub on them the night before and let them sit in the fridge. The next day I then smoked them for 2 hours, then cooked them until an IT of 150F was reached which took approx 5 hours. A little over cook, but meat was soft. As a result I have bought a thermometer so monitor the IT.

The only issue I have was the smoked flavour. I used he Jim Beam briquettes for 2 hours and the smoke was almost to over powering.

Does any body have any feedback or suggestions for my next attempt.

Thanks

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  If you want less smoke, try a milder wood like apple or alder.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Sbuise;

Welcome to the forum.

I mainly use oak for beef, and always had good results; so the Jim Beam should have given you good flavor. If they were cut into ribeye steaks, you only need to apply 40 minutes to an hour of smoke. I generally go with 40 minutes. If it was a roast then the 2 hours of smoke should have been used.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

welcome aboard,

you  did not  say if your top vent was open, if it was  not  always have it open,, on a  1 lb cut of meat it will not  need much  smoke,, 1 hour max is my  feeling, jim beam oak is a  mild wood,  the  only ones that are  milder are apple, cherry and maple... thought i feel the length of  smoke was too  long in your  case

hope this helps

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

smoke em if you got em

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

UncleAl

tailfeathers

And from South Dakota!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Quarlow

Welcome, The Bradley produces a pretty concentrated smoke compared to other smokers. It is a very clean smoke though because the Bisquettes don't burn passed the charred stage. This keeps all the tars and bad stuff from adding the acrid flavours and carcinogens. You need to get use the intensity of the smoke and adjust your smoke times accordingly. Don't be afraid to ask advice on smoke times someone will help shortly.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Saber 4

Sbuise

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and tips. Will be trying again this weekend!!

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712