Introduction

Started by oregonsmoke, December 20, 2013, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonsmoke

I was recently gifted a 4 rack digital smoker as a graduation present from my dad.  I spent the last several years wishing I had one, but was reluctant to buy one while in college, due to funds and time constraints. It was a terrible thing to have to leave it in the packaging until finals and my move were finished.  Yesterday was the first available day to try it out, so I seasoned it a few nights ago and smoked a pork shoulder for pulled pork.  Beginning at 6:30, I smoked the shoulder for nine hours with pecan, and it turned out great. I am looking forward to my newest obsession, and have been tasked with Christmas dinner by my in-laws. I love this thing, and can't wait for the next project.

I do have one question though.  While I was smoking, there was a leak in the door where smoke was escaping.  I would say that one fifth of the smoke that was coming out of the vent was coming out the top corner of the door on the opposite side of the hinges.  I was wondering if this is something that I should send the smoker back for. I picked it up from Cabela's, and I was wondering if I should contact Cabela's or Bradley if it is even something that should be worried about.   Thanks
-Matt

Shasta bob

Welcome from Central Point, Oregon. My door also leak smoke from the same spot, so now I open the door from the middle of the side. I think opening the door from the corner tweaked my door. My smoker I about 4years old.  That's my three cents worth.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

beefmann

welcome aboard,

just grab the open side top and bottom corners,, give a  lil  tweek  that  should cure it,,, it  wont take much,

also a  lot of good people and  information here, don't be afraid to ask, we  were  all  new to the bradley and smoking in some cases

Saber 4

RedJada

Welcome oregonsmoke from NE Ohio. You didn't mention what your doing for Christmas dinner? Remember, we like food and pictures of food. Lots of good help here. 

oregonsmoke

Thanks for the information, I will see about straightening the door.  I also have no idea what I am cooking for christmas.  Pork loin was suggested, but I am not sure yet.  Thanks again.  Looking forward to the wealth of information available here.

UncleAl

Habanero Smoker

Often after a few uses the heat helps the door will make a tighter seal.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)