Hello from Canada

Started by Meerkat, December 27, 2013, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meerkat

Hi everybody,

Just got a Bradley Smoker for Christmas from my kids.
What a surprise. Starting to learn about Smoking.

See you later.

beefmann

welcome aboard, lots to learn, lots of good people and information here.... biggest thing to remember is  keep the top vent open , keep the top vent  open

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

UncleAl

Welcome to the Wonderful world of smoking with your new Bradley. Ask plenty of questions this forum is very friendly.

Meerkat

Many thanks to all of you...

Yes there is a lot to learn.
I read somewhere that smoking was not a Science but an Art.
I'm beginning to agree with this statement but with this unit, its getting a lot more easier.

Cant wait to try it out.

tskeeter

Quote from: Meerkat on December 27, 2013, 12:49:04 PM
Many thanks to all of you...

Yes there is a lot to learn.
I read somewhere that smoking was not a Science but an Art.
I'm beginning to agree with this statement but with this unit, its getting a lot more easier.

Cant wait to try it out.

The folks who hang out here can help you make learning to use your Bradley more of a science than an art.  That's because they have the exact same equipment that you have.  That takes a lot of variables out the the smoking process and shortens the learning curve pretty dramatically.  And they can coach you on how to deal with the variables that remain.  About the only variable that they can't help you control is your personal preferences.

One of the ways to jump start your learning process is to read the Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  This web site is the repository for recipes from several of the forum's most experienced smokers.  The recipes will give you enough information to get a good quality product on your first try, and give you a starting point to dial it in to your personal preferences.  The recipes site is also a good source of ideas for things you might like to try.

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from Minnesota

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

Welcome to your new addiction from Texas.