• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More crusty bread, 4 ways...

Started by Snoopy, January 17, 2014, 08:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

So tomorrow is my wife and sisters birthday, mine next week so having a little get together and serving up some bread and pulled pork.

Wine barrel smoked cooper sharp American in all 4 and...
Pepperoni
Garlic
Jalapeño
And jalapeño with habanero.

And get one of these, mixes it up in less then a minute, Danish dough wisk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saber 4

Where did you get the whisk?? I've gone to using a fork with about the same results but that looks to cool. Also someone posted about using clear plastic shower caps to cover the bowls and it works good, you just have to stop by a beauty supply place to pick them up since wally world doesn't carry clear ones and I like to see how it's rising.

Those look like good flavor's, if you make cinnamon raisin, I've found it works better to add the raisins at the beginning but wait on the cinnamon until I have it folded over a couple of times then I flatten the dough out some and sprinkle it across the surface then roll the dough into the final resting log to go in the cloche.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Snoopy

I got it off amazon, it was a related item when I ordered my second superstone, reviews were crazy good on it and for $10 couldn't resist trying it out.

hutcho

That bread looks like a good idea.  Got a recipe?  Is it something you could do in the bread machine instead?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Snoopy

And all finished

The recipe is the on the recipe site as the "easy crusty bread"
3cups flour
1 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast

And then whatever ingredients you may want to try

hutcho

Wow that looks great! For some reason I never thought to look there....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Saber 4

Snoop, you've outdone yourself again. I'll look into the whisk link.

JZ

Those look incredible. NICE JOB!!!!!!! :)

Snoopy

Thank u, the pep and cheese was great, garlic a little much for me

tailfeathers

My wife loves green olives so I made a loaf this weekend with about 1/2 cup of chopped green olives, a good sized dash of dill and I subbed about 2 T of olive juice for some of the water. Grated in some smoked x sharp cheddar. It turned out great.

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Snoopy

sounds like i may need to try that for mine, personally don't like olives and SWMBO asked me to make an olive and sundried tomato one, so i did. not being a fan of olives i used black, cuz i didn't know, i also used to much of them as well as the sundried tomatoes. she said the initial flavor was great but the after taste was horrendous

tailfeathers

Quote from: Snoopy on January 22, 2014, 11:04:27 AM
sounds like i may need to try that for mine, personally don't like olives and SWMBO asked me to make an olive and sundried tomato one, so i did. not being a fan of olives i used black, cuz i didn't know, i also used to much of them as well as the sundried tomatoes. she said the initial flavor was great but the after taste was horrendous
If you make this maybe go lighter than 1/2 cup on the chopped olives. I didn't measure but it was probably closer to a third cup. Better to go a little light on the first one, you can always add a little more on the next loaf if you don't think it has enough flavor.

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

cajunboudreaux

Green Olives are my favorite. I have to make this top priority.
Laissez les bon temps rouler