• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp questions

Started by hutcho, February 02, 2014, 02:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutcho

Doing my snack sticks right now.  Running an auber with dual elements.   Also using a maverick 733.

Maverick is reading 30 degrees below pid.  Both probes are about halfway in the cabinet.   Is this normal?

Also my auber SV is reading higher than what I set it at.  Like 7 degrees so no huge problem but annoying none the less.  Also it is not advancing through the steps so I have been manually advancing steps.   Very annoying but I have been going out every 20 min anyway cause my puck burner was not advancing right.  All kinds of issues lol!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

TedEbear

It looks like the SYL-2352P (the one you have) has up to 30 programmable steps that can change the SV during the cooking process. I can't suggest any programming ideas since mine is the SYL-2352.  I just turn it on, set the SV value and let it do its thing.

I would think both the Maverick and the TC should read the same temp if they are close to each other.  The tip of one isn't touching a rack or something, is it?  When you're finished cooking you might try putting the tips in a glass of ice water and see if the readings are the same.  The Auber does have an offset adjustment in the programming if a probe is known to be inaccurate by a few degrees. It's "Pb" in the parameter settings.

hutcho

Yeah I need to do some testing after this smoke.  I think it will all turn out fine and be safe to eat but I spent all this money for the precision and automation features and its not quite dialed in where I want it yet.  It will get there, just gonna take some time.  Both maverick probes read the same, and during preheat I checked top of cabinet and bottom with it.  Showing almost 30 degree difference so will for sure being installing the fan I got to hopefully alleviate that problem.  Even though its all being finicky its still a lot of fun and I wouldn't change it one bit :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2