• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Made 40lbs and tried out the new hot water bath.

Started by hutcho, April 25, 2014, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutcho

So my Dad was here for a couple days from Atlanta and I took a day off work so we could make some sausage together.

Made 40lbs total.  20lbs summer sausage,  10lbs each of cheese/ jalapeƱo, and chaurice.

Also got to try out my homemade/rigged hot water bath contraption.   It worked really well, but sprung a leak towards the end I need to fix now (it actually shocked the crap out of me lol). 

Anyway heres the pics.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

hutcho

Couple more pics

Smoke some

Those look great   lots of good eats there....

how does the cooler stand up to the heat?

cobra6223

Good looking sausage. Also what type of thermometer do you have to check temps with, for instance do you keep one in the meat the whole time or do you lift the sausage up and check it? Don't laugh I know I have made a lot of sausage but with all these new circulators getting made I just curious as to what you guys are using as a good Maverick is a lot of money to give it a bath.

hutcho

Quote from: Smoke some on April 26, 2014, 08:00:57 AM
Those look great   lots of good eats there....

how does the cooler stand up to the heat?

Held the heat perfect! Where I epoxied my "t" and heating element in I didn't get it sealed good and had a small leak so gonna fill the hole clear full this time lol!

Quote from: cobra6223 on April 26, 2014, 12:05:46 PM
Good looking sausage. Also what type of thermometer do you have to check temps with, for instance do you keep one in the meat the whole time or do you lift the sausage up and check it? Don't laugh I know I have made a lot of sausage but with all these new circulators getting made I just curious as to what you guys are using as a good Maverick is a lot of money to give it a bath.

The water tank has its own temp control and used an aquarium pump with the air stones to circulate it around.  Double checked temps at the top with my thermapen and rotated them between grinding and stuffing the others.  Then checked them all with the thermapen in 3 places before I pulled and into the ice bath.  I don't think my 733 is capable of being submerged.   

cobra6223

pikeman_95

Hutcho
Would there be any chance you would have a few more pictures of you set up on the cooler. I think some would like to see more detail.
kc

hutcho

Yeah I can take a few when I remember lol! Its very rigged just so we could make sausage.   I need to make the manifold like you did for the air pump.  The stones wanted to float so I just zip tied them to a bradley rack.  Also the controller is screwed to the cooler and I think I would prefer it being mounted separately.   And of course there is the leak/shock hazard lol! If I remember I will get some tonight....