Hello from Northwest Iowa

Started by smokealittlesmoke, May 21, 2014, 03:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokealittlesmoke

Hey everybody,  I would just like to say, I feel very blessed to live in this great country having These kind of resources at my fingertips. The ability to go to the local hardware store to pick up my brand new OBS! God has truly blessed me in so many ways. I very much look forward to the education I will received on this forum I have already smoked some of the best ribs I've ever eaten and also did some chicken legs and thighs bone in that challenged me a bit tried to do to much at once but they turned out very good! Fairley new to smoking personally but my father has done it for years I picked up a lot of things from him. Can't wait to learn from all of you and maybe show him a thing or two!
Smokealittlesmoke

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Lots of good people here, willing to help.  Ask anything.

River Rat

Welcome from Maryland. This is a great resourse, with great people, for us Newbies.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

tailfeathers

Welcome from South Dakota! Where are you located in NW IA? I'm in Sioux Falls but have family in NW IA. You have found a good place here, lots of good folks more than happy to help with any questions you may have. Oh and we like pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

smokealittlesmoke

Quote from: tailfeathers on May 21, 2014, 07:51:10 AM
Welcome from South Dakota! Where are you located in NW IA? I'm in Sioux Falls but have family in NW IA. You have found a good place here, lots of good folks more than happy to help with any questions you may have. Oh and we like pictures!

I'm in Clay county, in the Spirit lake-Spencer area I'm originally from Sioux Falls we visit there a lot, it is about the best place close to go to find what your looking for. Scheels and best buy, ha but thanks for the welcome I'm excited to really learn how to make that smoker work for me!
Smokealittlesmoke

tailfeathers

The best advice I can give you to start with is BE PATIENT! These things turn out awesome food but they aren't the quickest by any means. Here is a link that contains some excellent information and recipes that I am sure you will find very helpful:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

Welcome to your newest addiction from Texas

Tiny Tim

Welcome to the board from a guy a little ways south of you, in Ida County.

dman4505

Quote from: smokealittlesmoke on May 21, 2014, 12:29:16 PM
Quote from: tailfeathers on May 21, 2014, 07:51:10 AM

I'm in Clay county, in the Spirit lake-Spencer area I'm originally from Sioux Falls we visit there a lot, it is about the best place close to go to find what your looking for. Scheels and best buy, ha but thanks for the welcome I'm excited to really learn how to make that smoker work for me!

Also just a tad south of you in Pottawattamie County
Check out the Midwest Smokeout page, lots of great people to meet there if ya can make it

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.