• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New-ish user with a question

Started by Nmollenhauer, July 18, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nmollenhauer

Hello,

I've had my 4 rack digital smoker for just about a year now and it has been great.  However this past weekend the bisquette heater stopped working mid-smoke. 

I've cleaned it, as per this forum, and opened the generator to make sure the wire were connected.  Still no luck.  I have not tried running an amp/resistance check, mostly because I'm not sure how.

Any other suggestions?  Also, how can I bypass the oven thermometer, so I can run the generator without having it connected to the oven?  If all else fails, does Bradley make replacement heaters?

thanks for any help

Nick

KyNola

Hi Nick and welcome to the Forum.  Yes, Bradley sells replacement heaters as does www.yardandpool.com , a trusted vendor, friend and member of the Forum.

tskeeter

As for running your digital smoke generator away from your smoker, you need a bypass plug (To plug in where you would normally plug in the temperature sensor signal from the smoker cabinet.  It's the small wire that is not a power cord.) or you need to cut and extend the temperature sensor cord.  You can get a bypass plug from Yard and Pool for, if I remember correctly, less than $10.  Get a couple.  They are small and easy to misplace.   

Habanero Smoker

Hi Nmollenhauer;

Welcome to the forum.

If you are a DIY type of person, you can build your own bypass plug.
Bypass Plug

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Nmollenhauer

Thanks for the bypass and heater info.

Appreciated