• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie Bradley guy, but been smoking with briq. And wood for years.

Started by HuskerNE, December 06, 2014, 06:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuskerNE

Hello all!  My Bradley is in route from Amazon.com and my auber dual probe controller is inbound from auber.  I've used a horizontal charcoal/wood smoker for 10 years now.  I've gotten very good at pork butt and baby back ribs, but the smoker was cheap from Home Depot....and is about worn out.  Tired of the mess and babysitting of it.  Will keep it for times I want to mess with it but that's why I have a Bradley coming......merry Xmas to me btw.

I'm in Nebraska....NE Nebraska actually.  Any others around me?

Any good tips for me?  I've read the Auber tips....though I am still a little confused, but hopefully after I get everything here and installed it will make more sense.

Glad I found this site.  Got the link from the reviews area on Amazon.com when I ordered unit. 

Excited!

dave01

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have the dual probe auber and it's great. Be prepared for a little frustration when it comes to setting up the auber but once you get it set once it's easy from then on

mahto

tu amigo
mahto

tskeeter

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a web site I like that might give you some ideas for new things to smoke.  Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.

sdcaller

Welcome to the Forum.

I am a long way from Nebraska. I live in Ontario, 80 miles North of Toronto and my wife and I have good memories of your state.

My wife is a fiddler and we attended and participated in the Rural Roots Music Festival in Freemont for 3 days in the Fall of 2010.

We had a great time--nice  people there.

SDC
Olde Tyme Square Dance for Fun

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

HuskerNE

Well the Bradley OBS arrived as well as the Auber dual probe.  Thanks to this site and the threads relating to the auber and obs I wasn't confused at all with the setup.  I seasoned the smoker the other night and tonight we are smoking some fresh pork brats which are about 15 minutes from being ready to eat.  Very happy with everything so far.  Super easy setup of the OBS and boy it sure is nice smoking some food without HOURS of prep time.

Thanks all and thanks to this board!  I'll be around quite a bit and post some pictures once it stays lighter out and isn't as cold.  Brrrrrrrrr

Husk

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Lincoln, NE.  Go Bluejays!!!  Oh, and BR too!

HuskerNE

Well the fresh pork brats were incredible last night.  Tonight I've taken some of the fresh deer burger I grind (1/2 deer and 1/2 pork bacon tips with jalapeno slices ground in with the mix) and made a meat loaf with it.  2 each 2lb loafs with almost a pound of bacon wrapped around each one.  Smoking right now......

Maybe I'll take a picture of this one as long as I can snap a picture before everyone eats.  My brother in law and his friends are coming to muzzle load hunt for deer this weekend and this the "kickstarter" meal.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

dman4505

Oh good lord not another Husker fan.....jeez  ;)

Welcome from southwest Iowa
Glad to have ya aboard
This place is amazing, you've just made a gazillion new friends
Be sure and post pictures of you smokes we love to drool.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

HuskerNE

Lol!  Dang it got cold out and nasty.  Hoping for a better weekend so a pork butt can be smoked.  Not letting my new machine sit out in sleet snow or rain!

tailfeathers

Hi and welcome from Sioux Falls, SD! Do you know the difference between cornflakes and cornhuskers?
(cornflakes BELONG in a bowl)! Sorry Ragweed, couldn't resist!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

ragweed

Hey, go for it, Paul!  I'm a Creighton fan first and foremost.  Have to like the Huskers since I live in Lincoln.  LOL

HuskerNE, Don't let the cold stop you.  I've smoked at single digit temps successfully.  It's the wind that gets you.  Sucks the heat right out of your smoker.  When it's cold, use near boiling water in the drip pan and add a brick or two to act as heat sinks.  Helps maintain temps.