• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

So far...

Started by Gordon, July 20, 2005, 03:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon

I have had my BS (ha!) for a month.  I have smoked 9 chickens, 2 pork butts, 1 pork loin, 1 deer backstrap, 5 ears of corn, a dozen or so ABTs, a rack of ribs, 1 onion, and 2 dozen eggs.  My wife has not had to do to much cooking the last month or so - and aint she happy!  She told me last night that she was glad we saved up the money and bought that thing.  Of course, she was eating a fresh ABT at the time!  

I need to find some hot jalapenos.  The ones I used are too mild.  I put the pulled pork in the blender with some juice from a jar of sliced jalapenos to chop it up for the ABTs.  I also did not form the cream cheese into the other side of the jalapeno.  I just cut a thin slice from the block ( while cold )  and laid it on top of the pork.  I did not end up having to use toothpicks either - my thin cheap bacon stayed put.

The corn was not a WOW, but it did taste like the roasted corn from the fair.  We have that at our fair, not sure what yall have at yall's.  Christy was going to her Bunko night, where they always have good food, but she filled up on ABT's and corn on the cob before she went.

Thanks for yall's hard work on this forum, it is invaluable to me.  Makes me look creative.[:D][:D]

Gordon

MallardWacker

Gordo Dude,

If you like this pepper thing.  I know they are mild but try some Pablano's.  I stuff mine with super sharp white cheddar and recently I've been putting those cheap tiny shrimp you get in the freezer section in with them.  I then wrap with cheap bacon and smoke on.  Really does taste great.  Glad you are happy with the BS.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Habanero Smoker

If you can't find hotter jalapenos, you can kick up the heat by throwing the seeds and veins in the blender with the pork.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

Glad you're a smokin' hero, Gordon!  If I have mild peppers, I add a lot of spice (chipotle chile pepper, for example) to whatever meat I'm mixing in with the cream cheese--usually buffalo.  that can really add to the heat of the peppers.  I'm going to try Habs idea of leaving the seeds and veins in some of the peppers too.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Here is a pic of my typical Pablanos.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

tsquared

Damn, that looks good M-W. I haven't tried the ABT's as my wife cannot handle spices of any kind right now, but I'm tempted after looking at that shot.
T2

JJC

Well, there goes another shirt into the wash . . . glad I wasn't leaning over the keyboard when I saw those pix, Duck-man--saliva really gums up the keys [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Gordon

Ok, I tried these again this weekend.  The bacon was a little thick, so it did not get crispy, but they tasted fine.  I also sprayed my eyes while cleaning them out - there are no words for this type of fun.  

Anyway, after noticing my eyes have changed color, I used some canned sliced jalapenos in the pork ( thanks to Habby's suggestion), and they were definitely hotter.  I cooked 19 jalapenos, making 38 halves, and my wife will not share them with anyone but me.  She wont take them to work,  she wont take them to fellowship at the church, she is hoarding them.  I had to vacuum seal and freeze some becasuse she did not want to waste any that she could not eat right away.  

Is there any health related problems that come from eating 38 ABT's?

I will say that aged brisket sounded good, Olds!  I will have to find a butcher that will age one for me...my birthday is a little less than four weeks off, so I guess I cannot have it ready[:(][V]

What a piece of work is man!

nsxbill

I think you might experience some fire in your olĂ©, but you probably already know that!  A little Prep H will help!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MallardWacker

T2,

The reason I love these so much is the fact that they are not typically hot and the have great flavor.  Not saying you won't get a warm one from time to time, just clean out the seed pod well and most of the time you will be fine.  Alos if you are in a hurry they do great on the grill like this.  I hate to say this but eating three to four of these is quite easy for me, makes a great meal by themselves.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Gordo

Gordo
Unskyled laber

Habanero Smoker

Yes. If you do a search, you will find several references, and places to purchase them. I have a few of them. Walmart sells them, and around this time of year they discount them to reduce there inventory.

If you ever come across an old fashion hand apple corer, it does a fairly good job of clean out the jalapenos with out slicing. You can still slice the pepper, secure it with a toothpick, and place them in the holders.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)