• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello

Started by highnwild, May 10, 2015, 09:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highnwild

Hello from northern BC Alaska highway mile 49
Smoked lots before with a regular homemade smoker, but I got a digital bradley smoker from a friend. need to build a smoke house to place it inside, and keep it out of the weather first. Any good ideas will be considered.
Thanks in advance

manfromplaid

welcome to the forum. search around this site and you will find quite a few ideas and ways others have covered up their smoker  good luck and keep the vent open

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: highnwild on May 10, 2015, 09:35:34 PM
Hello from northern BC Alaska highway mile 49
Smoked lots before with a regular homemade smoker, but I got a digital bradley smoker from a friend. need to build a smoke house to place it inside, and keep it out of the weather first. Any good ideas will be considered.
Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum highnwild, you must be in Fort St. John. Been through there many times on our way to Alaska.  Sky's the limit on what you want to do for an enclosure. One of the forum members even buit an English phone booth for his enclosure. It was really cool looking. An enclosure is a good idea for the north to keep the smoker out of the elements, as wind is a big negative factor in heat retention. Plastic storage sheds are an easy set-up.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

tskeeter

One consideration when building a house for your smoker is ensuring that you have adequate makeup air for your smoker to draft correctly.  When I installed my smoker in a plastic shed, I found that it wouldn't draft correctly with the shed door closed until I had cut about 225 square inches of screen free ventilation into the shed.  (Actually, my ventilation is screened with insect screen, so I have hole in the walls of the smoker shed that add up to about 500 square inches of ventilation space.)  Who'd have thought that a snap together plastic shed would be so air tight?

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712