• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Calgary, Alberta, Canada!

Started by fishfreak75, June 20, 2015, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfreak75

Hi everyone,

I'm James and I purchased a Bradley Digital Smoker in March 2015.  So far, I've smoked a couple of pork butts, 3 racks of pork ribs, 1 brisket, and 1 rack of short ribs.  This has quickly turned into a new hobby for me, right next to fly fishing.  I'll be sharing some of my pictures shortly, but for now, hi everyone and thanks for the great content on this forum!

James

fishfreak75

Oh, and also, my influences are mainly from Texas as I've spent many business trips in Houston and had some sort of bbq from Goode Company or Rudy's.  I've been determined to bring some of those flavours back home, which was why I bought the smoker.  One of my favourite resources is the BBQ With Franklin Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC556b-Cl0Fp02iMc96yoJbg) as he shows how to trim the meat and then cook it.  Of course, he's Texan, so all of his rubs are central Texas style.

Shuswap

Welcome James - I'm just over the mountains in Sunny Shuswap and also have enjoyed outstanding bbq in Texas Hill Country.  Did you do a whole packer or seperate the point and flat to fit it in the Bradley?

fishfreak75

Thanks Shuswap.  You live in a great area!  I've done whole packers and fit it on the rack in an inverted U shape.  There are a few older threads on here that talk about it.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712