• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help - Have ribs/chicken Ready to go, Smoker not Working

Started by Oldstyle244, July 12, 2015, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldstyle244

I have the 4 rack digital smoker, never had any issues in 3 years, then today I plug it in and it stays on for 2-3 seconds and turns off, I checked the fuse seemed ok, I read some issues with the fuse line, so I opened it up and checked those lines and they seem ok, each time I plug it in, it comes on and then turns off, what can I do?

GusRobin

Not familiar with the digital but if it turns off after the same amount of time, is there something set to a short time? are all the plugs secure.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Oldstyle244

The time defaults to 4 hours I think, it comes on with that default and then in 2-3 seconds cuts out.  I tried different outlets and I took the power cord off and plugged it back into the smoker a couple different times and it seems secure.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Oldstyle244;

Welcome to the forum. I don't believe I've seen this problem posted before. When or if you come up with the solution; please share your results.

You may have a loose connection that may be causing it to shutdown. Check all external connections and make sure there is no debris preventing a good connection, or moisture; especially the sensor cord. If that doesn't help, open the generator and check the connections for any debris buildup or moisture, and give it a good cleaning. Before reassembling the generator, check all wires to make sure they are connected securely.

How to clean the generator.

More troubleshooting and tips:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tskeeter

To me, this sounds like it could be a fuse with a broken element.  When completely cold, the ends of the broken element touch and complete the circuit.  As soon as the element heats up, the element curves and the circuit is interrupted.  I'd start the trouble shooting by replacing the fuse, regardless of whether or not it looks good, and see what happens.