• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New to Electric from Missouri

Started by CentDoss89, November 25, 2015, 09:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentDoss89

So I have been successfully smoking on a steel offset for awhile now and even just did a turkey! I'm to the point now where the constant watching and babysitting of the offset is a hassle.

I picked up a Digital Bradley from a gentleman for get this nothing. He was leaving state and didn't want to haul it...I of course gave him 40 bucks for holding it a day or two for me and I'm excited about getting the DBS cleaned up, modified, and rocking out some good bbq soon.

Hopefully soon I'll get some mods done, pics taken, and qview done!

beefmann

welcome aboard,, enjoy your new smoker.. it is a lot closer to a  set it and forget it then the off set

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  What part of MO are you from?  I'm in the West St. Louis County area.

Here's a link to the Bradley Smoker Forums Recipe website for all kinds of things that you can smoke.

CentDoss89

Quote from: TedEbear on November 26, 2015, 07:38:15 AM
Welcome aboard.  What part of MO are you from?  I'm in the West St. Louis County area.

Here's a link to the Bradley Smoker Forums Recipe website for all kinds of things that you can smoke.
I live just north of Columbia in little old Centralia, Mo. New house this year and 2 smokers all in the same year!!

Thanks for the link I'm excited about trying more stuff...my wife has never had Salmon. I'm hopeful to find somewhere that can get me a whole salmon filet with the skin on so I can smoke a couple!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

tskeeter

Quote from: CentDoss89 on November 30, 2015, 08:08:03 PM
Quote from: TedEbear on November 26, 2015, 07:38:15 AM

I live just north of Columbia in little old Centralia, Mo. New house this year and 2 smokers all in the same year!!

Thanks for the link I'm excited about trying more stuff...my wife has never had Salmon. I'm hopeful to find somewhere that can get me a whole salmon filet with the skin on so I can smoke a couple!!

If you have a Costco membership, many regularly carry full salmon fillets.  Most of the time, it's farm raised.  But during the mid summer, you can often get wild salmon fillets.

CentDoss89

Not a Costco because there isn't one close to me but I do have a Sam's Club...same kind of store

KyNola

Look closely at the labeling on the salmon fillets at Sam's Club.  Most of the time they are farm raised in Chile.  I bought them once.  Once is the keyword.  I have never seen so much "goo" cook out of salmon in my life.  If I can't purchase authentic wild caught salmon(which finding them available in Western KY is rare) I just don't smoke salmon anymore.