BSP1019 keeps blowing breaker

Started by DVY28, June 21, 2024, 01:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVY28

Hello all, I have read everything I could on this subject but nothing answers my question. I cleaned out the box of grease and grim with hot water only, After I let it dry out for 24 hrs I powered it up, put the desired temp in and every time I put in the "Cook time adjustment " in it kicks the breaker.

I took the wires off of both heating elements (Isolated the bare wires) to see if that was the issue and it did the same thing.
What am I missing?
 Thank you
Bill

Habanero Smoker

Hi Bill;

Welcome to the forum.

With mine I have to set the cook time first before I can dial in my desired cook temperature, but the way you are doing it, still shouldn't trip the breaker. It could be you have moisture build up somewhere.

You should contact Bradley support.

Bradley Customer Support

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

DVY28

Thank you for the reply, I sent a email last week giving them in detail what I did and what I read in the FAQ they sent me.
Nothing has fixed the issue.
I sent off anther email through the link you sent me. (Thank you) I hope I can get this thing back on its wheels so to speak before July 4th.

Thxs again for the response
Good smokin Brothers!

Habanero Smoker

I hope you get this resolved before the 4th.

If these suggestions were not in the FAQ's they sent you: While you are waiting for a response; try plugging the P10 into a socket that is on a different circuit. If the breaker on that circuit doesn't trip then it may be issue with the circuit or GFCI. If you currently have the P10 plugged into a power strip/surge protector, that power strip could be bad. Use only an extension cord to plug you P10 into the wall socket.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)