• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brisket and the Bradley what a comdination

Started by Texas Tom, September 06, 2006, 01:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Tom

Well all I can say is what a machine. This was the third Brisket that I have ever cooked and it was fantastic. Here are the details of the cook.

I purchased a 7lb Brisket from the local market. (all natural and the branding was Choice)
The night before I cleaned up the Brisket (washed it and dried it with paper towels) I then rubbed the Brisket with yellow mustard both sides.
I then put a very liberal coating of my favorite dry rub. I then wrapped the Brisket up in foil loosely and put back in the ice box.

The morning of the cook I took the Brisket out of the ice box and let come up to room temp. At the same time I turned on the Bradley and let come up to temp. When the Bradley was at the 225 degree range and had been there for about 20 min I decided to put the Brisket on.

On the top rack I put a package of smoked bacon across the entire rack. On the second to top rack I put the Brisket. I hit the Brisket with 4.5 hrs of smoke (combination of Hickory and Maple, one Hickory one Maple and so on for 4.5 hrs.)
Half way through the cook (about 5hrs) I changed the water bowl and sprayed the Brisket down with an apple juice and water mixture. I then shut the door and didn't touch it. The Brisket did plateau at 165 degrees for about 1.5 hrs and then started to climb again after that. I took the Brisket off at 182 degrees and wrapped with heavy duty foil and then in a towel and put in a cold oven. (The total time for the cook was 10hrs.)
I let it stand for about 1.0 hrs wrapped in foil and towel. I cut half of the Brisket into burnt ends and the other half sliced for sandwiches. I gave about half of slices of heaven to my neighbor and told him this was done on a Bradley. He could not believe it all.

This was absolutely the best I have had in years. I am a transplant down here in Texas originally from KC and all I have to say this was something the boys back home would say now that is BBQ.

Since the cook on Friday my neighbor has gone out and purchased a Bradley. Now if that doesn't' say something I don't know what will.

Tom

iceman

I just love it when a plan comes together ;D Welcome Tom. Ya done yer self proud ;)

Oldman

Good to hear how it worked out for you. Glad for your neighbor as well.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Manxman

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

T Tom, too bad about having to relocate, i can relate.  At least your a little closer to the true center of the universe than the west coast.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MallardWacker

WELCOME TT!,

Quote I then shut the door and didn't touch it.... I took the Brisket off at 182 degrees and wrapped with heavy duty foil and then in a towel and put in a cold oven.

TOM, right there is where you hit the home run, you get an A on your final exam.  If I could only tell two things about smoking a brisket, that it is it in a nutshell.  The only difference is that I would of used a cooler instead of an oven...but like they say don't mess with success.

Hay don't make yourself a stranger.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...