• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ready for the big time!

Started by Patience, October 28, 2006, 04:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patience

Hello!  First I can't say enough about Chez Bubba!  They answered my questions and pointed me here to learn more.  When I ordered, I had everything I needed in 2 days!!  Thanks.

I seasoned the unit yesterday and I'm glad I spent hours reading the threads here, I was able to avoid possible problems.  I bought a heavy extension chord and used hot water in the bowl...etc.  My question is that little smoke generator plate REALLY adds a lot of heat, is it ok to go without?  I read a thread which a guy turns hit SG off after smoking to save on the moving parts.  At 40 deg. air temp and my slider set to 150 degrees, I turned the SG off and it dropped to 130 deg.

Is it best to leave the SG on for the xtra heat, or like the other thread stated, turn it off and crank the bulb up to compensate?

Thanks for the advice!

Patience
A well used minimum suffices for everything -- Phileas Fogg

Habanero Smoker

Patience;

Welcome to the forum. Until recently I kept my generator on for extra heat, but since some home renovations, I found on most occasions, during the summer season, I can shut the generator off. If I need the extra heat I leave it on. If you can crank the bulb up and obtain the proper temperature, that is the best way to go. My generator logged a lot of hour, and so far no signs of wear and tear. I do take off the cover and clean it thoroughly after about 4-6 usages.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bubbagump

Welcome Patience,  :)

I agree with Habs, only use the extra heat if you need it after the smoke portion of your cooking. It will save the puck advance motor from unnecessary cycling.

I also clean out the generator. It can really accumulate a lot of wood chips after a while.

Bubbagump

icerat4

Welcome here.These guys are right on the money.Any other help needed here just asks lots of nice folks here.Good luck and have fun. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...