• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Questions about new smoker

Started by RonR, October 28, 2006, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Got my new smoker from Chez Bubba and seasoned it last night.  Everything worked well.  However, I have 2 questions.
1) Is it normal for the power indicator light on the actual smoke tower to not come on until the slider gets about half way?

2) when i run my thermometers inside the cabinet, Is it ok to just go through the door seal? or should i go through the top vent?

Thanks

Arcs_n_Sparks

RonR,

Light should smoothly go from dark to full on as you slide the slider. If you are outside, may be hard to see when it is dim.

I run my thermometer through the vent.

Arcs_n_Sparks

icerat4

I second this reply. The iii have it.Welcome here any qustions feel free ask na da problamo. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Welcome to the group.  There are a lot of experts here (from smoking to drinking to electronics).  All are willing to help in anyway they can.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

RonR

ok, i went outside and moved my slider just alittle over 1/4 of the way, just under 1/2.  No light on that I can tell.  I waited about 30 minutes and felt the heating element in the back of the smoker and Its still cold.  When i tap it just a bit more to the right the light comes on and it heats up quickly.  I would guess that this is not normal. ???

bubbagump

Ron,

You may want to call Bradley on Monday. It sounds as though you may have a bad rheostat.

As Arcs mentioned, the indicator light on the front of the smoker should increase its intensity gradually as you move the slider from left to right. If it goes from nothing to full brightness with a small movement of the slider, then the rheostat should be replaced.

Bradley's customer service is really terrific. If needed, they'll have a part to you in little time at all.

RonR

thanks for the info. Ill definately call them on Monday.  I hope its not a difficult repair to make. LoL.  oh yeah, the face plate at the bottom is also cracked.  Kirk told me that happens alot on BS and he is sending me a new face plate.  Not sure if the crack and the possibly bad rheostat are related.

Habanero Smoker

While you are waiting to call Bradley, check the screws that attach the bulb to the porcelain connectors. Some times they loosen up during shipment. Be careful tightening them, you just want them snug. Over tightening can break the porcelain.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)