• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Are christmas present to an iraq solider

Started by icerat4, December 22, 2006, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Helping vet: 'He was there for us'

Well-wishers offer aid to sailor injured in Iraq after his Sauk Village home and truck are vandalized

November 29, 2006

BY FRANK MAIN Crime Reporter

Good samaritans are offering their support for a sailor whose Sauk Village home and truck were vandalized while he was recovering from wounds suffered in Iraq.

The Sun-Times reported Tuesday that a truck owned by second-class Navy Petty Officer Harold Beville II was painted with gang-related graffiti on Nov. 21.

The windows of his home and truck apparently were shot out with a BB gun, police said. No arrests have been made.

Richard Levy, owner of a Maaco auto body shop in northwest suburban Wheeling, said he would repaint the truck free of charge. Levy said he holds the Chicago area contract to repaint trucks owned by a major bakery and an international shipping company.

ยป Click to enlarge image

Harold Beville II (left) and his vandalized truck.

"We have no problem squeezing one more job in," Levy said. "Someone shoots up his house and jazzes up his truck? I am mad about it."

Beville and his father had used the box truck in their business, Double H Precision Striping, which painted lines in parking lots. The company closed when Beville's father moved to Florida. Beville is a railroad maintenance worker when he is home in south suburban Sauk Village.

The 38-year-old member of the Navy Reserve was activated earlier this year and suffered a head injury in October when his unit was removing explosives from under a bridge in Iraq. He is recovering at a San Diego military facility. He previously served in Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Eric Schuller, an aide to Lt. Gov. Pat Quinn, said he would visit Beville's home to assess the damage and organize repairs. Quinn's office regularly works to help wounded vets.

"We will try to get this sailor's home back in shape again," Schuller said. "He was there for us."<P

Tom Paris, the commanding officer of the Calumet Harbor Division of the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, offered the labor of his more than 20 cadets and their parents.

"All I can say is that we are very grateful," said Beville's father, also named Harold.

The senior Beville said he spoke to his son Tuesday and told him of the vandalism.

"He was a little surprised, a little embarrassed and a little hurt," he said.

'No-good punks'

Police said they have boosted patrols in the neighborhood, where other homes also have been recently vandalized. Waine Brady, a neighbor of Beville, said his windows have been shot out three times.

"I think they a-good punks," Brady said. "They just don't have respect for nobody's property."

[email protected]

By the way were the body shop guys if ya didnt figure it out ;D ;).Hey everyone here have a great christmas and a good new years.Rat out.ciya ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

iceman

Have a good one rat. Thanks for your help. Pat and Ann ;)

Chez Bubba

Way to go Ratman! Those boys need all the support we can give them. W/O their dedication, I might possibly be unable to type this. Or own a gun. Or worship at my church of choice. Or vote. Or enjoy a cold one.

An extra-special thumbs up goes out to all our military members from this very appeciative civvie!

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Gizmo

Very nice job in deed.  Can you get the pic posted?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Our church has a thing with Camp Pendelton where you can sign up to host xmas or new years meal for some marines stuck here for xmas.  We tried but they are out of Marines (though a couple of hundred marines did sign up).  I thought this was a great idea). Anyone close to a military base may want to check with camp champlan office ... though getting late now and not a lot of kids probably feel comfortable.  They also have lists of local marine families that are seperated by the deployment and need a helping hand. Always time for that.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

PetersCreek

Good job, good man.

I'll raise one for you and that fine sailor at the Legion tonight.

Thanks from a vet.
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

Gizmo

My family has had some of the best Thanksgivings and Christmas gatherings with Military Personnel.  Their joy and spirit are second to none and it is always a pleasure giving them an extended family presence when they are away from home.  I think the most we were blessed with one year was 5.  Started out with 2 but during the pickup, 3 had missed their ride or something so they came along.  NO ONE gets left behind.  Hu Rah.   We have hosted both Navy and Marines as San Diego is home away from home to both.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/