• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I am new

Started by Firescue1, December 05, 2006, 03:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firescue1

I am new to this forum!  ::) I have just ordered my first BS, of course I bought myself a Christmas present. Can someone tell me about brine?  I am not sure I understand the process.  I am interested in Boston butts, chickens, turkeys, ribs, and picnic shoulders.  Thanks

Habanero Smoker

You best way to start would be to check out the recipe site. That has a lot of information that is well organized.

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Welcome Firescue1. Hab is right on about the recipe site. Snoop around a bit and a lot of questions could get answered. If not, just ask away. :)

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Greetings,

Concerning brining I cannot suggest strongly you read and re-read the following:
CURING and BRINING, From JJC

After you have that down then I further suggest you read and re-read the following:
FOOD POISONING AND FOOD HYGIENE PART 1, From Paul Woods
Food Poisoning and Food Hygiene Part

These are long reads but most important for the person beginning to try their hand at Curing and Brining.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Welcome to the forum Firescue1.  :)
Manxman

sparkplug

Welcome aboard Firescue1, I am quite new here myself but have already learned a lot from many people here. The advice given in the links above is very good and having done my first few brine cures over the last month or so I can say that it really does make a big difference and is well worth the time and trouble.

Happy smoking and Happy New Year!

coyote

Welcome aboard Firescue1 . You'll find a wealth of information in the recipe site ,
And an even bigger wealth in the good folks willing to share their wisdom.

Coyote