• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Year's Dinner.... never changes

Started by Oldman, January 01, 2007, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Double Smoked Ham
Double Smoked Hog Jowl
Collards Greens
Black-eye peas
Corn bread
Corn on the cob
The best mixed vegtable and green salad in the world.
Beer... much cold beer... chased down with shots of Vodka...
*Later when all have left... much kinky s e x with the Mrs....   ;D*

AND JUST HOW DID YOU BREAK IN THE NEW YEAR? ? ? ? ? ?

GOD I LOVE TRADITIONS.....  especially when everyone else has gone home...  :o

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wildcat

Olds, I like your style.  My wife's mother insisted that we all go to a local buffet that I hate this afternoon, so I hit the golf course instead of the smoker.  At least the game turned out good.  Took first place in the dogfight.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Malc

Hmmm...hog jowl.  Never tried that.  The rest sounds great though.

I did a whole pork loin.  Injected it with a 50/50 mix of garlic oil, Sam Addams Cranberry Lambic and a little cayenne.  Rubbed with a paste of Garlic oil, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, and some rub that was a mix of a little Wild Willys and a KC rub from Smoke and Spice.  In a 200 degree smoker for five hours(internal 143).  FTC'd for about 3 hrs.  Sliced this and enjoyed.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Oldman

The hog jowl is used for flavoring the black eye peas and collard greens.  You cook it first by itself in water as it will take longer to flavor out then the peas or greens take to cook.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on January 02, 2007, 03:29:21 PM
The hog jowl is used for flavoring the black eye peas and collard greens.  You cook it first by itself in water as it will take longer to flavor out then the peas or greens take to cook.
Man oh man Old's that sounds soooooo good!!! That is down right lip smacking, rib sticking GOOOOD EATS you have there. I know what's cooking this weekend! ;)

Malc

Quote from: Oldman on January 02, 2007, 03:29:21 PM
Aha, now that makes sense.  You have no idea what I was picturing...lol.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.