• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp problems or or lack thereof

Started by Mr Walleye, January 24, 2007, 07:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I didn't now where else to post this so I thought I would post it here because it really applies to all models of BS.

Last night on Old's chat site a couple of points can up that I had never heard before and I thought they deserved to posted for any members that my be having problems. I believe (can't remember for sure) it was WTF or NePa that brought it up so the credit goes to them. Anyway, if you are having problems maintaining temps in the BS try opening up the vents on the V-Tray with a screwdriver. They say about 1/8 of an inch or so. This leads to another thought regarding making sure the V-Tray vents get cleaned properly after use because if they are partially blocked it will restrict heat flow to the top portion of the cabinet. What would be interesting is to check the temp in this area of the cabinet at the same time as checking the temp in the upper portion. Maybe somebody allready has done this but it is news to me and when you look at the design the only way for the heat to flow to the top portion of the cabinet is through the vents in the V-Tray. It makes sense and brings up the importance of keeping the vents on the V-Tray clean.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Mike

Yeah that was me.

I had the temp prob and Bradley spokesperson told me to open the vents up with a screwdriver, I wedged them open 1/8" more than they originally came and my temp prob went away. I think that a pair of pliers (like linesmen) with a wide end would work better though.

I must point out that my temp prob was not affecting my BS and was before my PID.

nepas

owrstrich

the only thing i clean are the racks... the v tray... the door seal...

that v tray has had more crusty goo on it than tammy fays face...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Agree with O; my v-pan was seriously impaired by crud build-up. Putty knife and Easy-Off are your friends...

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

NePa is I think passing along and it is worth passing along info that was posted previously about a run of V tray that did not have properly made slits.

When I read that post I opened up the slits on the door side of my tray a little more thinking i could reduce the channeling up the back of the unit or at least get more heat up the front. 

Bad on me... a couple of smokes latter i did a high goo piece and found if opened up too much i let goo run through a couple of the slits and not to the bowl drip hole. Messy and goo on a hot surface not a good thing ...

There is a limit to the size and configuration of the opening. But still an excellent reminder about a number of trays that are out there possibly causing a problem. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)