salmon in the bradley

Started by coolguy, February 22, 2007, 08:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coolguy

Got the kings that i caught this last summer in the bradley smoking now. Have at least 2 more loads waiting in the frig. Useing apple and alder to smoke with.
Started raining here today love smoking on days like this. I used the brine from the top of the fish page, left it in the brine for 3 days. This is a little different than my brine so i thought i would try it. Can't wait for the first smoked salmon of the year.
Coolguy

iceman

Sounds liks your having some fun coolguy. Hope it all works out for you. Hard to beat smoked salmon for a snack. :)

LilSmoker

Hey coolguy, maybe you'll need some of the Habanero Smoker horseradish sauce to go with all that lovely salmon?  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

coolguy

Iceman yea just love it on crackers,salmon pittay,i get invited to a lot of partys and they say bring you smoked salmon. I make it with mao  enough to make into a dip and with just a dash of worecestershire sause mix it all together makes a great dip.
LilSmoker i have also used a little horseradish in it also for a little kick,but maybe i need to look at habanero smokers horsereradish if i want an after burner kick.
Coolguy ;D

coolguy

Finished the smoking on the salmon  kummok brine was really good, now to whip up some of habs houredradish, this is going to be so gooooood! Also that should be good on my cod, can't wait to try it. Thanks guys alway good ideas on this board.
coolguy

iceman

Let me know how it is on the cod coolguy. I had it with blackend salmon and it was  fantastic. :) Habs does it again.

West Coast Kansan

Ditto on the Habs hr  :o nice kick

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

thrdrock

Cool,
are you smoking hot, or cold? Just curious, wanted to try that myself soon. Details on type of smoke, how long, temps, etc??

LilSmoker

Hi thrdrock, if you're looking to do hot smoked salmon, you really should try this recipe from Kummok, it's awesome!

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

coolguy

Iceman yea tastes good on cod, had some last night. I fryed the cod in cajun land seasoned fish fry then use habs sauce gives it that good kick.
Thrdrock On the salmon hot smoke,4 to 5 hours with alder and apple  equal amounts ,smoke entire time. rotate trays half way thought. With the temp the way it worked with mine i preheated to 200 then loaded the salmon then it slowley went up to 150 took an hour then up to 180 then when you switch the trays around it cools down then the next 2 -3 hours it would get to 200 as the salmon would be getting done.
Cut my salmon a little bigger 1 inch by 1.5 so that why i think the heat did not rise as fast and also i did not wait to let it dry after taking it out of the brine.
Coolguy

thrdrock

Thanks Lil, that recepie looks good,have printed it out and put it in my "smoker book" for future reference and use.

Cool, thanks for the details, sounds like a good project for a rainy afternoon (we get a lot of them this time of year in Seattle!) Will be trying it soon, and will keep you all posted on results.
Thrd

iceman

Quote from: coolguy on February 25, 2007, 06:43:21 AM
Iceman yea tastes good on cod, had some last night. I fryed the cod in cajun land seasoned fish fry then use habs sauce gives it that good kick.
Coolguy
Thanks, I'll give it a try this week. :)