• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Brisket Enchiladas

Started by Gizmo, June 04, 2007, 08:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

So you and the significant other couldn't finish off the 14 pound whole packer brisket in one sitting so you have a little left over.  Well, try a simple toss together brisket enchilada.
Had to come up with a quick fix meal for tonight.  Had some leftover brisket so with a few other ingredients, an enchilada.

I wasn't sure how the brisket would turn out as a straight substitue for beef with taco seasoning so I added some chili powder, adobo seasoning, and Mrs. Dash just to refresh the seasoning.  Took 4 flour tortillas (I prefer corn, family likes flour, only had flour in the house) and put a nice handfull of chopped brisket into the tortilla followed by chopped onions, sliced black olives, mexican blend cheese, and enchilada sauce.  Rolled up the tortillas and placed into a baking dish.  Covered the works with more onions, cheese, sliced black olives and enchilada sauce.   Baked at 350 for about 30 minutes (until the filling was nice and hot) and chowed down.  A nice topper to this is some sour cream but my sour cream had some dill, ranch dip mix, and fresh grated garlic in it.

Now, this was a throw together with what ever was available.  There are a lot of things I would add if time and the ingredients are available.  Some nice chilies would bring up the flavor, along with a few other traditional spices.  I was amazed at how great the brisket smoke flavor came out in this dish and it added a wonderful surprise to the expected taste.  A definate repeat.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

tsquared

Man, Gizmo, you've got me jonesing for a brisket enchilada and it's not even 7 am yet!
T2