• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator Problem

Started by mavrickone, June 10, 2007, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavrickone

Hi guys,
   I have a question/problem with my smoke generator.It at first just quit as far as advancing the bisquettes, but the burner was still working so I did the cook by placing one bisquette at a time on the burner and then brushing it off with tongs and putting another one on ( I really was in the mood for BQ :D)
   I called Bradley and they at first told me how to take it apart and adjust a switch by the motor ??? and I later called back to see if I could get them to email me some sort of diagram because when it comes to anything electrical I make a real good plumber ;D After the lady talked to me for a little while she just sent me a new generator( Thats service!! )
   I took the original generator apart and at least got it to start moving the bisquettes but the advance part does not come back far enough to pick up the next bisquette, and is kind oe jerky coming back?
   Do any of you guys have any ideas on what the problem is?

Thanks
    Mav
P.S. I am smoking some chicken breast today and my BS just quit in the middle of the smoke! I checked and there were no lights on so I checked the fuse and it was toast so I went and got some more fuses and so far its working, anybody run across this problem?

West Coast Kansan

Hi MavOne welcome back.  I am surprised the replacement fuse worked.  It seems there are some units with a high resistance connection at the fuse holder that tends to melt down the whole fuse holder.  :(

Anyway on your origional unit it sounds like a loose set screw in the advance drive letting it slip a little ( got out of position) and jerking but still cycles  ???

Anyway, do you have any smoke leaking out between the generator and the tower?  A vent not open enough is a possible common cause on feed problems

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

mavrickone

Thanks WCK!
  I was a little surprised that the fuse didn't blow again, but it seemed to do fine. I figured I had a major short somewhere but it seems fine, at least for now :P
  Tell me about the set screw, is it something I can adjust? It will feed OK but is just jerky coming back and does not come back far enough to pick up another bisquette?
  I was impressed that they sent me another smoke generator,  since I am really interested in becoming a dealer. Bass Pro is the only dealer around here and there is no service as far as repair so if I do decide to take them on I would want to also be able to offer repair( Mind you I would not be doing the repair lest folks have their house burn down, not to mention ruining the meat!!! ;D )
  I saw that chez bubba was no longer doing business with the BS so I will also look at the internet part of it and see what I can do and hopefully I can fill a niche and maybe even make a little money for the work
  Again thanks for the welcome back, I do wish I had more time to talk to all of you guys and run the BS ;D If you have any ideas on what I can do on the SG I would appreciate it.
   I forgot to say that I had the vent full open.

Thanks
   Mav