Canadian Tire is nuts

Started by smokin stu, June 07, 2007, 12:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

I went to the Canadian Tire store again looking for Bradley products as the local flyer, again, said they sold the stuff.

The huge area of BBQ's and now many types of smokers had all sorts, and all sorts of wood chips and other accessories.  No Bradley products whatsoever.  I tracked down an employee and asked and they said that I was in the wrong place.  I should be in the camping/outdoors sections of the store.  I went there and there was one small box of mesquite wood for the BS.  I asked the fellow there if they were going to buy any more Bradley stock, and he said probably not, its not moving very well.  I then said that one box of mesquite on the top shelf next to camping gear and on the other side of the store as an army of BBQ's and smokers will do that.  He looked at me like I was on crack.

The folks at Bradley may wonder why their sales are not as expected at Canadian Tire and this may help explain it.  Somethings amiss here.

Mr Walleye

Yup... Same thing here at our Canadian Tire Store. They keep the Bradley stuff in the fishing section, completely across the store from the other BBQ and smoking products. Sometimes ya gotta wonder????

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Kummok

Interesting!?!?!?  The CT stores I've frequented while passing through BC have been well stocked, Bradley-wise. Wonder if this is a result of them "outting" themselves into big box stores???? Course, when one lives in dinky Homer, 7-11 stores could be considered big box!!   ::)

MWS

Same for my store. Strange thing is, they have that Centro (Bradley imitation) junk in the BBQ section. Canadian Tire must think the BS is only used for smoking fish by campers.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

smokin stu

I saw the BS knockoff (Centro) with the BBQ's as well.

Few folks are going to be looking at the Bradley products in Canadian Tire if they can't be found.

M neighbour works for a product distribution company and she makes her money making sure the stores around here properly display her products.  Maybe Bradley folks should be asking some questions as to why their products are banished to the fishing/outdoor section.

I don't mind because I usually stroll through the outdoors section first whenever I head out to that store.  Mind you the CT has no BS product to speak of.

Stickbowcrafter

Hmmm, sounds like you can get more at Canadian Tire than just tires  ??? And here I thought our goofy US stores were the only ones with names not matching the products  ;D

-Brian

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Stickbowcrafter on June 12, 2007, 08:49:13 AM
Hmmm, sounds like you can get more at Canadian Tire than just tires  ??? And here I thought our goofy US stores were the only ones with names not matching the products  ;D

-Brian

Yeah, tell me about it.  Needed some new walls in my house so I went to the obvious choice, Wal Mart.  Could only find paint and paper, no whole walls.  Girlfriend wanted some low cut tops and low rise jeans so we went to Lowe's, guess what....none there.  Was about to give up, but needed some paper fastening supplies so I went to Staples.  Found exactly what I needed.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

smokin stu

The name is mis-leading.  When I was in Quebec, the local CANADIAN Tire store was run by ardent separatists who hated anything remotely Canadian.  I always thought that was ironic, and a bit sad.

whitetailfan

Quote from: smokin stu on June 07, 2007, 12:54:49 PM
I went to the Canadian Tire store again looking for Bradley products as the local flyer, again, said they sold the stuff.
Yep, same complaint here time and again.  I finally got so mad I told the Mrs to try the other store and she can never find the stuff.  Found out the hardway it is in sporting goods.  I must have spent hours in total looking in the BBQ section with the Centro stuff. P me off!!!!!!
Then once you find it, they have crap for pucks....and thats not a flavour.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

whitetailfan

Quote from: smokin stu on June 12, 2007, 04:24:27 PM
The name is mis-leading.  When I was in Quebec, the local CANADIAN Tire store was run by ardent separatists who hated anything remotely Canadian.  I always thought that was ironic, and a bit sad.
And thats a whole nother story..............it is sad.
Wheres my little Canada flag gif when I need it?
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.