• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Do me a falvor

Started by Oldman, June 19, 2007, 12:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

We have had an issue with this 12,000 watt Yamaha generator. It only has 6.4 hours on it. When I called Yamaha USA they gave me the names of 5 authorized dealers here. Well none of them service this unit. In fact one of them said... We only sell them...not service them. I found a person who does Honda generators... but we needed a service manual.

When  I called Yamaha back and told them that non of their service providers would work on this unit they acted *shocked*  Then I requested a service manual... two days later they call back and told me if I want one I have to purchase it.  Screw that.  We know of a couple techs for the school system who work on their generators and they believe they can correct the problem.

Nevertheless, this is no excuse for Yamaha.

Do me and others a favor and pass this information on or hot link this posting to any other posting board / community you belong to. 

DON'T BUY YAMAHA~~!

Thanks
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Thanks for the heads up Old's. You can bet this is going to come back and bite them up here. I will glady pass this on.

HCT

I have a Honda 6500 for about 10 years and it runs like new. Sorry Olds, no help to you but had to give Honda a promo. :(
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Cajun

I also have a Honda 6500 and runs and starts purfect , sorry for your problem  :-\
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

Kummok

Hmmmmmm....already own Yamaha motorcycle, generator, outboard, and snowmobiles.......too late to warn me, Olds... I'm already "Yama-vested" !!  ;) :D  Just like every other mechanical thing I own though, I usually can't (or DON'T!) wait for the warranty to wear out so I can start "tinkering" with mods and upgrades w/o messing up the coverage........ :o

Oldman

Kummok

I wish I could say the same here.  What still gets me is there is no one here to work on this unit that is authorized by Yamaha. The problem by everyone's reckoning is the unit is putting out to much power, and this is what is causing me problems with my central A/C unit. The contact points chatter at start up (we replaced them with new) and the fan screams. When on the grid the A/C (3 tons) pulls 12 amps. On the Yamaha generator it is using 18 amps (?) Which no one can explain. Grid power is 235 -236 volts. The generator is 249 -251 volts.  That is an average of 15 more volts.

I've had two electricians, and two different A/C companies out and they all say the same thing.

The problem is Yamaha does not service this unit in my area. If anyone who reads this and lives in the Tampa bay area and is looking at a Yamaha generator I cannot strongly suggest enough to find out if the company you purchase it from will or can even service this larger unit.

On a side note. If my house had been more than 18 feet above sea level I would have gone with a true stand-by unit. I went with this unit so that if I did have to leave I could un-hook it from the gas and power box and roll it into my trailer.

I would have gone with a water cooled Honda (I had one before -- outstanding machine) but they do not make on large enough for my needs, nor do they authorize propane as a fuel.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!