• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First Fishin" Pole

Started by Oldman, July 09, 2007, 08:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I picked up today a 24" open spinner for my Granddaughter. She is 3 now.  I can hear my daughter... but she is a girl.. and I will reply... so?

I will take her down to the South Skyway fishin' pier. It goes out 3 miles into tampa bay. I will set it up so she can jig for white bait which is out there in the millions, if not trillions this time of the year.   ;D

Being a Grandfather is fun!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

You've certainly got your priorities right on target, grandpa/nonno/grootvader/père/Großvater/avô/???/abuelo/????/??/!! In ANY language, you da GRAND man, Olds!

manxman

Sounds perfect............. but don't forget that by the time she is 6 she will probably be catching bigger fish than you. That's what happened when I started my two boys off fishing when they were 3!  ;) :D

And you get a lot bigger fish round your way than we do!!

Have fun Grandad!  :)
Manxman

Wildcat

That was a great answer Olds.  I love to fish and my wife is more of a fishing fanatic than I am.  Better at it also.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Cajun

Great going Olds Take it from me, If I had known the Grandkids were so muck fun We'd had them first  ;)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy

ohioan

Great place to fish...I live in Hudson, FL. I used to fish the skyway 30 years ago...of course that was before the barge hit it...Great place for kids...
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan

Dalby Spook

QuoteAnd you get a lot bigger fish round your way than we do!!

Hey Manx,

When are we going to get out round the Calf and give those big Callig a bashing?

Took Pops boat down a couple of weeks back and took some real lunkers. But at 6 knots it's a
long, long trip.

Cheers

John
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

manxman

QuoteWhen are we going to get out round the Calf and give those big Callig a bashing?

Hi John,

Wishful thinking at the moment unfortunately. I have had the boat back in the water for a few weeks and been out twice and then it was only really to do the pots and catch some bait.

What with the weather (and still is cr*p!) and the fact that I have just had a spell in hospital and am still recuperating this season has gone completely pear shaped!

I am off work the first two weeks of August with my two boys in the school holidays, pinning my hopes on that at the moment.

So hopfully we will get to do some calig bashing at some stage, just not sure when!  :( :( 

Douglas to the Calf must have been a real pain at 6 knots, particularly if you have the tide run against you?

cheers, Paul
Manxman

Oldman

Quote from: ohioan on July 10, 2007, 09:16:25 AM
Great place to fish...I live in Hudson, FL. I used to fish the skyway 30 years ago...of course that was before the barge hit it...Great place for kids...
I'm in ST. Petersburg. IMO the South fishin' pier is the better of the two. One of the things I like about is it is a State Park. Open 24/7/365. There are clean restrooms and the place is continually policed by fish & game as well as the state police.

When the mackerel run you can limit out in 15 minutes.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ohioan

I have never fished on the south side, that goes out quite aways dosn't it?...Years ago we would do alot of shark fishing at night off of the high span in the shiping chanel. You would get one on and it was a battle to get down to the low bridge to work 'um.
FIRE IT UP!!!
Ohioan