• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New TS (temperature switch) installed on OBS. Works great!

Started by Stickbowcrafter, June 13, 2007, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

RedDogSmokin

Hi Brian;
Great job on installing your temperature switch. I order one and installed it this weekend the same way you did your's. When I was finished it looked like it came with the unit. Except I am having one problem, I can not get mine to turn on the heater, or light the indicating light. There are so many different parameter's how did you set yours up? I have contacted Love control but they have not gotten back with me yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Smokin
RedDogSmokin
???

Stickbowcrafter

Hi Red. I just got your e-mail as well. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town last week.

From my point of view, and being really un-knowledgeable about electronics, I found there was only one straight forward way of wiring in the TS. If you have not already, read this entire thread and the links. All I did was follow the instructions on the links except that I wired my TS in between the power source and the temperature slider control instead of externally in a separate box.

When you plug the unit in, does the display show the internal temp of the smoker? Are you having trouble programming the unit? Maybe you can post some pictures and we might be able to troubleshoot from there.

-Brian

RedDogSmokin

Hi Brian
I am having trouble programming the TS unit.

ReDogsmokin

Stickbowcrafter

OK. So you have a temperature reading on the unit when powered on?

-Brian