• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie Question

Started by Cowboy, July 13, 2007, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

I have been lurking here for a while, and have finally decided to take the plunge and buy a smoker.  I am about 98% set on the Bradley except for one issue.  I have read that smoking with the Bradley doesn't produce a smoke ring, and for the most part I am ok with that.  I am curious about ribs however, will using the Bradley get that nice pink to the bone rib coloring, or is that basically the smoke ring is see in some ribs?

I really want to go with the Bradley, the convenience factor alone has sold me on it.

Tiny Tim

I did some ribs, but I was more concerned with taste than internal color, so I don't remember.

I think there is a post here somewhere about how to put a fake smoke ring into meat using TenderQuick cure, if the smoker doesn't do it on it's own.

Habanero Smoker

It's been awhile since I smoked with fossil fuel; and back then I wasn't a fan of pork. Even today I really don't care for ribs that much. But when I do ribs in the BS, I don't get any pink color in the meat. Though you can get pink meat near the bone (especially poultry) that is slow cooked. By the way pink meat around the bone is unrelated to pink ring("smoke ring"). I would guess the pink to the bone color was pink ring.

One thing about using a cure to create an artificial pink ring; especially on thin cuts of meat. It will alter the taste of the meat giving it a ham like taste.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Try the meat without the ring from a Bradley.  You'll forget why the ring was so important to the stick masters.  It doesn't add flavor so it isn't necessary.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I remember something about a smoke ring.  Oh yea, my son talks about it after spending about 20 hours a weekend handcuffed to his smoker.  (He reads this forum now).  Hi Son  :D  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)