Question on the Original Bradley and temps.

Started by Macman, July 15, 2007, 11:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Quote from: LilSmoker on July 16, 2007, 03:15:26 PM
Trouble is, i feel like i had my xmas present and somebody took it away again :'(

LIL, that sounds worse than the "Batteries not Included" presents at xmas time and no stores are open.  Good to hear you made it back safe and sound.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Too bad LilS,  >:(  I liked the looks of that rig - glad it is sorted out now.  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Hope you get the new rig soon. That all had to be a real bummer. ;)

LilSmoker

Thanks guys  ;)

Well the truck didn't last long, but my BS is still going strong!

Hey maybe Bradley should get into the vehicle market?
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

Here ya go LilSmoker!

They were already built from 1971 to 1979, actually a kit car, just follow the link.

http://www.bradleygt.com/

;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Gizmo

And if memory serves me correctly, all you needed was a volkswagon chassis to mount the kit on.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Haha! hey Mike that's perfect!, if i get one of those i can drive and smoke at the same time
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Macman

Here are some pictures of the Ribs....

I used the OBS with Hickory preheated to 150 and put the ribs in. I used a dry rub I found on here and did them for 4:00 Hours.  I didn't have time to FTC (poor planning) but they did turn out ok.  I finished them on the grill with some Presidents Choice Tequila Habanero sauce (half of the 3 racks) and just left the rub for the other half.... they were juicy and tender even without FTC. Definitely better than the way i used to do them...  ;D

Rub Recipe is as follows. 

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
3/4 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard.

I used a hot chili powder instead of mild instead of using Cayanne pepper like it called for.

I also bought the full rack and cut them into St. Louis cut myself.  at 1.99 / lb.  I thought it was a good deal.

Mr Walleye

Hi MacMan

Looks good! Very similar rub that I use.

When I do ribs I usually preheat to 250 degrees with the generator on to also warm it up as well. Then I load the ribs, the pucks in the generator and drop the temp back to 210 degrees. At about the 2 hour mark I rotate the racks. Then after 4 hours I pull the ribs, wrap them in foil with a shot of apple juice on them and fire them back in the smoker at 210 degrees for about 2 more hours. If I sauce them I do it on the grill just long enough to stiffen the sauce. They turn out really tender this way.

Mike

Macman

right on, thanks for the tip...I need to plan my time better...lol

But in hindsight, you never want them to be perfect because then you couldn't use the "practice" excuse...

A

Mr Walleye

West Coast Kansan

Great Food and Pictures - super view off the deck  :)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

I've got to quit looking at this kind of stuff when I'm stuck at work!!!
Good looking Macman. Just remember, practice, practice, practice  :D ;D ;)