• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Barbecue Adventures

Started by wicz, August 06, 2007, 05:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wicz

I had a great time smoking this Sunday.  I woke up early to make sure I got everything done early.  I put the ribs in around 5am.  Smoked them for 4 hours using Hickory and Apple.  The ribs were done about five and half to six hours.  The ribs got done a little early, so I didn't have the chicken ready for the smoker.  When the chicken was almost ready, I checked the smoker and saw I had no temp.  Somehow the cord running from the generator to the smoker came unplugged a little.  I got that fixed and I was back on track.  Everything came out great and the family loved all of it.  Here are some pics from my Sunday.

3rensho

Wow, looks awesome.  Only wish the web had smell, taste and a pair of tongs to lift things with.  Your plates would be a tad lighter ;D ;D ;D  Nice Sundays work Wicz.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

iceman

Nice feast you put out there. I just gained 5 pounds looking at the great pictures!!! :D

Consiglieri

Looks good.  I smoked some babybacks yesterday to feed the rib craving...  And I'll be having some more for lunch.  Amazes me how far the meat pulls back off of spares. That much shrinkage on babybacks and there'd be no meat left.
Consiglieri

hillbillysmoker

That made for a drool pool here.  Nice job.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

begolf25

Man that looks good.  Did you finish the chicken on the grill?

wicz

Thank you everyone for all the compliments.

begolf25, some of the chicken thighs I did finish on the grill.  The skin wasn't crisp but, wasn't chewy.  I think the brine help with that.  I used very basic brine.  The following link is the brine I used.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/BriningPoultry.htm

KyNola

Dang Wicz, that all looks good.  Makes my smoked bologna and fatties look awfully weak!  :P  That's OK, I'll keep plugging along!  :D

KyNola

LilSmoker

wicz : That food looks absolutely delicious!  ;)

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes